Excited New Member seankcguy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seankcguy

Original poster
Jun 4, 2022
Good Morning everyone!! My name is Sean Pickett from Kansas City, Missouri. I grew up grilling, smoking and putting out barbecue for family, friends and scout troops assisting my grandfather Claude Inglish who grew up in Moniteau County, Missouri and lived in Sedalia, Missouri. He introduced me to the joy and love of cooking for others and the addiction of seeing people react to good food and community shared eating experiences. I am now very honored to have been introduced to your wonderful forum by my brother-in-law Robert (txsmoker) who once again has hosted me with great food and shared his beautiful home with me here in Austin. I am very excited to learn and share with you here in the forum and thank you for creating, hosting and being a part of such a positive and sharing forum. Cheers and good eats to all!!! Sean

Welcome to SMF Sean. Robert is a good man and makes great food. You are a lucky guy to be related. You have arrived.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Oh no, not another one. One was bad enough. :emoji_laughing: Seriously Welcome aboard Sean. Happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

I am now very honored to have been introduced to your wonderful forum by my brother-in-law Robert ( @tx smoker ) who once again has hosted me with great food and shared his beautiful home with me here in Austin.
It's always a pleasure and an honor to have you and the family join us. We're not always successful in doing so but we try to make it an experience for you. Hopefully this will become an annual event....and maybe there will be some water in the lake next time :emoji_wink:
Welcome to SMF Sean. Robert is a good man and makes great food. You are a lucky guy to be related. You have arrived.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome Dave. Sean is being a bit humble but he and his BBQ team participate in local KCBS events around his home.
Welcome from Tennessee. Roberts a great guy
Very much appreciate it Jake. Hopefully we can get him to TN for your event later this year. You know I'll be there!!

Robert

If you are good enough for Robert, then that’s good enough for me. He is a good seed.
Actually he is better than me...insofar as BBQ goes. There's a lot he could share with us. Wait till you see his competition trailer. WOW!!
Welcome to smf, great place here because of people like Robert.
Thanks Jim but please try not to tell too many lies :emoji_laughing:
When is the cook off between the 2 of you I would like to be the judge
You might be onto something here my friend. The cogs are turning....This could be a ton of fun, especially if we can get a few other participants. At least we have one of the judges figured out already :emoji_wink: This would be a cook-off where there would be no losers, just maybe one a bit better than the other.

Robert

Oh no, not another one. One was bad enough. :emoji_laughing:
Be nice now Chris. Let's try not to scare the guy off on his first day :emoji_wink:
Welcome from Iowa! Glad you joined us! Sounds like you might already know a thing or two lol!

Sean is a class act and knows his way around a smoker. that's for sure. He could well be a great addition to the forum if time permits for him to participate regularly.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Hello Everyone! What a great collection of welcome posts. Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I look forward to “stirring it up”with each of you. Robert #Tx smoker thank you for the introduction. Here are a few pictures of me and our team’s rig and a bourbon glazed smoked salmon I did. Cheers to all.

Attachments

• 27B5C643-A903-4DE3-8386-596C7C5F5A6D.png
    27B5C643-A903-4DE3-8386-596C7C5F5A6D.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 6725671D-9D0D-4402-A469-84639E0BE8AF.png
    6725671D-9D0D-4402-A469-84639E0BE8AF.png
    648.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 75AD7890-0C76-4FDD-ABE6-52BD4271D9DE.png
    75AD7890-0C76-4FDD-ABE6-52BD4271D9DE.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 19
Welcome Sean from the Palmetto State. Don't hang around Robert too much, his cooking will spoil you...:emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Welcome from Kentucky! If Robert says you're ok, it's good enough for me.

Welcome from NY and PA Sean! I have learned so much from your BIL, I look forward to learning from you and the team with some great KC BBQ - Cliff

Welcome Sean, and a big hello from the other side of the state line. Glad you joined us. Great group of people here, your brother in-law included.
Again, welcome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky