Double Barrel Smoker Complete...w/pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nick

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Louisiana
Hi Guys and Gals....
The BigBaby DoubleBarrel Smoker is complete. I gave it 2 test runs to season it. With about 2 full mop buckets of lump charcoal (gallon and a half size mop bucket) I got it to 300 degrees initially then it settled down to 250 degrees with all dampers wide open. It took about 3 for the temp to drop under 190 degrees unattended. The firebox will hold 5 times more fuel if needed so I know I can get it hotter to do poultry, etc. I think this thing is gonna work! This weekend I wanna try BB ribs thats been in my freezer a while. I'll let y'all know how it goes and I will take pics.
Thanks again to everyone who gave their 2 cents worth on the construction and guidance of my project.
9e8b0056_vbattach18534.jpg

cc552a0b_vbattach18532.jpg

3053a7aa_vbattach18533.jpg

1253cec9_vbattach18531.jpg

very interesting concept. Looks like ya did a good job from the pics. Would love to see hoe your first or second smoke go with it.

Congrats on creating your own tool for obsessive behavior!
icon_smile.gif

looks great I hope it works out well for you. can't wait to see your first smoke with it good luck!
icon_smile.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great idea. It looks like a cool idea and should cover a lot of the bases for smoking. Lets see you smoking racks. I'd like to see how you place stuff to smoke.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

awesome..lot of work..bet that sucker makes some great smoked vittles for you..

LOL...you guys are too funny! Actually "the driveway" is 135 foot long as in the pics. I had the out-building built last year and the tiny driveway was an afterthought. It's 30X30 and my wife hates when I call it a shed.
But thats what it is. I store all my outdoor gardening and grasscutting stuff in there. Got an old Ford in there too I use on the property. It will also be the smokers home when not in use.
Speaking of the smoker, I'm gonna do a bunch of BB's tomorrow. The grate is two expandable grills for now that will give me a 22"X32" cooking area but I think with a lil bit ingenuity, I'll be able to add some kind of second rack, or at least a half-rack the length of the barrel above the first one. My wife bought me a ribrack so I will use that plus lay some slabs down flat. I'll document the whole procedure like a good lil smoker should.(lol) Wish me luck on my first smoke!
Have a great weekend!
85e29c25_vbattach18542.jpg

ca69ea0b_vbattach18541.jpg

58927818_vbattach18540.jpg

056af30b_vbattach18539.jpg

Did ya have to pull a permit from the city for that bad boy, lol.
icon_smile.gif
How many oak tree to get to 250?

Nice job!

Smokers cool. Let us know how it smokes. Looking forward to hearing the results for the first smoke.

Nick that thing looks like the real deal. The thermometer looks like the kind on Gator Pits. Looking forward to the qviews. Good luck! By the way that is some nice shed you got there also.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky