Dino ribs for fathers day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aeasley

Original poster
Nov 15, 2020
Prescott, AZ
Went down to the Costco business center in phoenix and got these ribs for fathers day. Used hickory lump and splits to smoke them.
IMG_1325.JPG

Seasoned them with Kinders GSP saturday afternoon, wrapped in plastic wrap, put in the fridge.
IMG_1322 copy.jpg

Started my MB 900 and put them on at 225 at 10am, spritzed with ACV and Apple juice once an hour.
IMG_1372 copy.jpg

Wrapped when they got to 140 at about 2. Then pulled them at 180 at 5pm to rest in the cooler for 2 hours. They were a hit. Sorry no plate pictures. Served with mashed potatoes and some kind of dominican cole slaw our guests made.
IMG_1378 copy.jpg

Oh man. I’ve never smoked these. But this makes me want to
It’s very similar to brisket. Basically brisket on a bone. Super fun and always a big hit. I pull them a little before I would pull brisket cause I like to have them finish right at about 199 after resting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky