Cute Little Prime on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Scored a little standing rib roast today at the Easter sales price of $4.47lb, best price I've seen in quite some time! I'll get another Monday
DSCN2917.JPG

Cut a few thick steaks and decided to smoke a little prime roast on the Weber using the SnS and some hickory splits, even threw on some fries in foil

DSCN2918.JPG

Closed the top and bottom vents to about 1/3 open, no thermometer in the grill, been doing this awhile. Pulled at 124º, 10 minute rest while the fries finished

DSCN2919.JPG

Nailed it pretty good, great smoke flavor, melt in your mouth tender, done just right for me.

DSCN2920.JPG

Plated up with the fries, zukes and onions, and some shroom sautéed in butter, worked real nice. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

You've got that Weber and SnS dialed in perfectly, Ray. That PR is perfectly cooked. Plated shot looks delicious. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray That looks great the price is right for sure. I picked up a 4 bone PR $4.97 cut 1 bone off for the wife and I in the future.
Richie

The meal looks great Ray. I just came back from Winn-Dixie here in Florida about an half hour ago where I bought a rib roast and I paid $5.49 a pound and I thought that was a great deal.

Rob

that looks awesome all the prime rib around me is more than double that price

Xmas and Easter are the times to score prime on sale Olaf! RAY

Coast-to-Coast pink, perfect cook. Beautiful 👍

Thanks DW! I was happy the first moment I cut into it, just what I was looking for. Thanks for the Like DW, I appreciate it. RAY

Nailed it Ray!! I could definitely tear some of that up! Just the right doneness for me too.

Thanks Jeff! I even learned a couple of new wrinkles using the SnS, the smoke flavor was off the charts. Thanks for the Like Jeff, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great, Ray. I could handle that right now. Gary

Thanks Gary! I'll be making good use of the leftover slab in the sous vide pot. Thank you for the Like Gary, I do appreciate it. RAY

You've got that Weber and SnS dialed in perfectly, Ray. That PR is perfectly cooked. Plated shot looks delicious. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mike! The SnS and Vortex have vaulted the Weber to the most valuable tool in the box. $4K invested in my offset and electric smokes, now they just sit and wait. Thank you for the Like Mike, I appreciate it. RAY

Now that is Grillin! Great job! Nothing that like a Weber! Dave

Thanks Dave, I don't think you can get anymore bang for the buck than a kettle! RAY

Ray That looks great the price is right for sure. I picked up a 4 bone PR $4.97 cut 1 bone off for the wife and I in the future. Richie

Thanks Richie. I usually try to stock up at the holiday meat sales, this is the best price I've seen in at least ten years. Thank you for the Like Richie, I do appreciate it. RAY

Darn Ray, that looks great! I wish I could find deals like that up here.

Thanks Steve! I'm always amazed at how meat prices and availability vary across the country. When I lived in CA I'd smoke up a tritip about every week, even grind my burgers from them they were so cheap. Then I discovery there are areas where no one's ever heard of tritip, and others at charge as much as fillet mignon. Go figure!

That looks really awesome!

Thanks JCAP, and thank you for the Like! RAY

Yes sir, you nailed it Ray. Stolen product at that price :emoji_wink:

Thanks Winterrider! I usually try to score the whole sub-primal in the bag and then break it down. I'm finding that copping the 3-4 ribbers give me a better opportunity to take a little peak at what's inside the cut, helps! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

That'll work right there!! And at that price for rib roast, I hope you stock up. That's cheaper than I've seen in a long, LONG time.

Thank you GonnaSmoke, best price I've seen in a decade at least. I'll be going back to market Monday morning for a couple more for sure. RAY

The meal looks great Ray. I just came back from Winn-Dixie here in Florida about an half hour ago where I bought a rib roast and I paid $5.49 a pound and I thought that was a great deal. Rob

Thanks Rob! I'm usually happy when I can find prime for anything less than $6 a pound. Thank you for the Like, it's much appreciated. RAY

Looks perfect Ray! And a great looking plate of food also, nice job! Ryan

Thanks Ryan! The smoke flavor was equal to what I'd expect from my offset, but a lot less $$$. Thank you for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks delicious ray. Nice work bud

Thanks Jake, I was real happy with the way things turned out! RAY

OMG !!! That Plate is Fantastic!!! I'd be on that like Ugly on an Ape!! Nice Job Ray!! Like. Bear

Thank you Bear! Even after using one of these kettles for 45 years now once in a awhile I pick up a little something new to me. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

Damn, I missed the party. That looks really good.

Thanks Daspy, you didn't miss a thing, it was just Bob and I at the dinner table, he got to lick the plate. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky