Creamed Chipped BBBB and Gravy On toast....Why Not? (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Here's another one for you Bear. I know I'm wearing you out but as stated in my post when I made the first batch, this stuff is so versatile you can do a lot of things with it. This seemed like another decent idea to try so I gave it a run. You know how much we love the Dried Beef we made following your recipe and the impact it has had so this is just another step. I love the DB and gravy as well as sausage gravy and biscuits....well pretty much anything with gravy :emoji_wink: This actually came out great and I will be doing it again.

BBBB defrosted
075.jpg

Chopped up and ready to go into the pan. This is about 6 oz of meat
076.jpg

In the pan. Fat is rendering beautifully to make the gravy with
077.jpg

Add a couple tablespoons of AP flour
078.jpg

About 2 cups of milk
079.jpg

Money shot. This is perfection!!
080.jpg

This stuff has a depth of flavor, a richness, and complexity that I have never tasted in any breakfast meat with gravy. I think it's all the spices that are applied after it's finished curing that really come out in the gravy. Typically I'll add a bit of salt, pepper, and Tabasco on dishes like this to enhance the flavor a bit because of the bland nature of the flour. This didn't need anything though. It was absolutely perfect exactly as it came off the stove.

Getting weird with BBBB,
Robert

Reactions: mike243
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky