Could we get an "OBITUARY" section for members who have passed on...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Currently when I'm notified we put a title on their name near your user title with RIP or something like that for example.

Screenshot_20240126_184908_Chrome.jpg

Currently when I'm notified we put a title on their name near your user title with RIP or something like that.
Could be wrong but think in the beginning of the thread it was meant as an easy way for new members to easily find out about some of the great contributions of passed members. Such as Bearcarver, Chef Jimmy J are the 1st two that come to my mind. And all of their great posts and lists of cooks. If they are new, they won't know anything about them until someone posts a link of theirs.

Ryan

Most of the deceased members we remember were OTBS, and they are listed as "In Memoriam" on the roster.

Chris

Side note: bmudd14474 bmudd14474 Brian Can we get rid of the blue print on the OTBS roster. It's hard to read.

I never know what to say when someone passes. It is heartbreaking that we live, and love (or we are supposed to) and it ends.

Reactions: daveomak
Im just going to throw this out there! No matter how much or little we might of conversed on here, no matter if I liked your post or not, you like mine or not, you saw some humor in my shenanigans or not. When my time comes, please report to your workplace that a dear friend of yours has passed and that you need a day or two minimum to recover from the shock of such a loss! This ones on me! Its the little things that matter! Enjoy your days off!

Most of the deceased members we remember were OTBS, and they are listed as "In Memoriam" on the roster.
That is an obscure thread.
Better to put up in the Announcements block next to roll call where all members can find it.
I feel embarrassed for the newer people that actually use the search feature and find a thread from a known deceased person, but don't understand the member status block and get chided by a member the person is deceased and cannot reply.
There is a lot of fantastic members, OTBS or not, that have faded away. Be nice to know if they have passed to the afterlife or simple passed as they don't want to post on the forum.

I can tell you after being a way from here for over 10 years, it was very sad to see how many of the old guard have passed. It would be great to memorialize them.

I can tell you after being a way from here for over 10 years, it was very sad to see how many of the old guard have passed. It would be great to memorialize them.
After looking at some past posts from trying to help out in your other thread was surprised to see how many Iowans were here back then.

Ryan

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky