Corned beef leftovers unlike any other!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
One can only think of so many ways to prepare corned beef leftovers, or can you? I had a big hunk of it left after all the standard ideas ran out and was a bit tired of it by now, so started brain storming. I was rummaging in the pantry trying to think of ingredients I hadn't tried yet when a big bag of dried egg noodles caught my eye.
I dissolved a healthy amount of beef base in the pot and added the noodles while I chopped the beef into smaller cubes and added them to the pot when the noodles were about halfway done. I mixed corn starch as a thickener and added just before turning off the heat. The "corned" flavor was present, but not overwhelming as I mixed the beef base a bit strong to help mask the non standard flavor of the beef. It wasn't something I would want to prepare real often, but for one meal to finish the leftovers, it was pretty darned good!
20180321_181429.jpg

Looks great radio! I’d eat that.
Thank you! I was actually surprised at it being edible, much less being pretty tasty! I had resolved myself to tossing the leftover beef as I was tired of it, but took a chance and it paid off.

Looks good to me, we're using the leftover for hash this weekend.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky