Chuckie sammich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
Southwest Idaho
Okay, I’ll give this one a “B”. There’s a couple of things I’ll tweak next go around but it was still tasty.

3.3# bone in chuckie from the deep freeze. SPOGed last night and into the fridge. Mirepoix(onion, carrots and celery) along with some fresh herbs into a pan on the rack below. My first tweak would be more salt.

6133F7E2-0EB7-4A2D-825C-E222E8A138A1.jpeg
BD99E94F-704B-45A2-BC99-48B0A2699AED.jpeg
786DFA69-0D97-47A2-96AD-CBD5AE053FB6.jpeg

Four hours on hickory at 225 to an IT was 140. Foiled with a dose of beef stock and back in until an IT of 200.

Second set of tweaks; I should have bumped the temp after foiling. I wanted to go to an IT of 205-210 but I ran out of time. I bumped the temp to 250 and then 275 after a couple of hours but had I increased to 250 after foiling, I think I would have been okay. It was getting late and we were hungry so I only went to 200 and only had a 20 minute rest.

BC502BC7-0048-4270-8A9E-6F4A2E626FD1.jpeg
16A84137-7C6D-464B-B5CE-8AB5B214ADB3.jpeg

It ended up being chopped instead of pulled but that’s okay. The flavor was very good. Served on challah buns with cheese and au jus on the side with some grilled asparagus to make me feel better about myself. Honestly, the best part of the whole thing was the au jus. Took the flavor of that sandwich to the next level.

Thanks for looking!

F5AC7470-504C-42FD-A538-8F25CA858DD8.jpeg

Most markets sell instant or canned au jus. Not bad and certainly better than nothing.

Lights out Idaho! I’d eat that daily!

Quick off the wall question, how long have you lived in Idaho? And what do you know about priest lake?

Sorry for the off the wall questions, I’m just learning some stuff about all this and as a dog handler I’m amazed.

Looks like a fine plate of vittles.

Point for sure.

Chris

Lights out Idaho! I’d eat that daily!

Quick off the wall question, how long have you lived in Idaho? And what do you know about priest lake?

Sorry for the off the wall questions, I’m just learning some stuff about all this and as a dog handler I’m amazed.

We’ve been in Idaho for six years but my family roots here date back to 1900. We’re in SW Idaho which is about an eight hour drive from Priest lake. I really don’t have much knowledge of that area other than it’s gorgeous and gets a lot of snow.

Idaho,

A cadaver dog searching priest lake found a body in the lake in 327 feet of water. The body was nothing but bones and had been in the lake over 50 years. The dog was searching for a fire fighter who’s boat capsized on the lake and came across this sent and alerted its handler. The dog hit a sent that was over 50 years old and under over 300 feer of water. Just incredible!

That’s a pretty amazing story! My dog has tracked dead birds a couple hundred yards away but 310’ of water?!?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky