Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking4fun

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
Solon, Ohio
I'm doing my first non-brisket burnt ends today using a couple of chuck roasts from Costco. I've been going back and forth on whether to use rub on them or just S&P, but I decided to use some Worcestershire as the base (instead of mustard) and use my go-to basic BBQ rub. Of course, looking back on it now, since I had two roasts, I should've rubbed one and S&P on the other...oh well, live and learn - I rubbed them at 1AM. I just popped them in the Smokin'-It #3D smoker with some hickory and cherry chunks. No pics yet...but coming soon.

Here's a question though - I'm smoking them today but not going to eat them until lunch tomorrow (I have guests coming to stay a few days but won't be arriving until after dinner tonight)...so what temp should I take them to before I pull them, cut them in cubes and toss in the fridge? I was thinking about 175* to make sure they make it through the stall...thoughts?

Agree . Finish them up . Always better the next day anyway ,, at least for me .

I'm with Bear. If you plan to sauce them, wait until you reheat them, then crank up the temp to around 300 to carmelize the sauce before serving

I've have a chuck in the freezer, with this written all over it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky