Cherry wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

David Halcomb

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 12, 2017
Ran across some cherry wood today as a tree was getting cut down at a customers house and grabbed a wheelbarrow load or so of it. I usually have unlimited supply of oak so haven't used cherry wood. Any body have experience with cherry?

You might want to go back and get all you can cherry is a very good wood for smoking. It works with about any meat but I really like it with beef the most

Cherry and apple blend is my favourite to use for bacon.

It's sweet, but not as mild as apple, adds a distinctive finish to me.

Cherry also puts a nice dark amber color on your food as well as a good smoke profile.

Chris

Was it a flowering cherry or grow cherrys? I just use the cherry wood that grows cherrys. And oak and cherry mix is one of my favorites

Here’s a wild cherry I got 2 weeks ago.it Had some rot in the trunk so I didn’t take as much as I could have.
F7ABF961-7153-4557-90F3-990B6A375C65.jpeg
687ED720-85EA-43A6-BBF9-096E3E43CBBF.jpeg
Big wild cherry tho

I recently started using cherry wood. Been smoking for a few years and just now tried it. I can’t believe I waited so long. It does have a sweetness to it and does add a nice red color to most meats. I LOVE the smell of it burning. Can’t get enough. I’ve been burning it with hickory here lately. It hasn’t let me down yet.

Ran across some cherry wood today as a tree was getting cut down at a customers house and grabbed a wheelbarrow load or so of it. I usually have unlimited supply of oak so haven't used cherry wood. Any body have experience with cherry?
Make sure you make sure it is DRY DRY DRY. Season if for long time. Its great for smoking. Google Wild Cherry. There is lots of info why you should make sure it is seasoned well. I attached my stack that was debarked and seasoned for 10 months.
SPLIT WILD CHERRY.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky