CHEESE INVENTORY PUT AWAY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I bought a mini fridge yesterday for my cheese inventory. I have about 25 blocks vacuum sealed and put away. The weather will be heating up very soon and not ideal for cheese smoking. I plan on aging some of it for a very long time and giving some away in a few months. And of course, enjoying a ton of it myself.
FRIDGE.jpg

Good on You getting your "Curing Fridge".
It is going to need some ballast.
I'd suggest a 30 pack of beer. And a dozen jars of Al's Pickles.
And of course any liquids you'd care to reserve for your adventures. (I keep Soy Sauce, Lime juice, Lemon Juice, and such in mine with a varying amount of 12 ounce kegs of beer. Damn stuff evaporates all the time.)
The liquid storage helps keep the temperature more stable, in case the wife is curious. I also have some bottles of water in the bottom of mine.

Glad you saw the value of No freezer taking up valuable Beer... I mean Ballast, room.

I originally got a small fridge for curing bacon etc, I keep cheese in it as well. <Not sure what the little freezer will ever be good for though! Not sure that part works properly to be fair!>

Looks like you are loaded up on cheese for a few months..

Good on You getting your "Curing Fridge".
It is going to need some ballast.
I'd suggest a 30 pack of beer. And a dozen jars of Al's Pickles.
And of course any liquids you'd care to reserve for your adventures. (I keep Soy Sauce, Lime juice, Lemon Juice, and such in mine with a varying amount of 12 ounce kegs of beer. Damn stuff evaporates all the time.)
The liquid storage helps keep the temperature more stable, in case the wife is curious. I also have some bottles of water in the bottom of mine.

Glad you saw the value of No freezer taking up valuable Beer... I mean Ballast, room.
For sure that is my plan for the remainder of my space. I have a beer fridge down at my deer skinning shed out back.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I originally got a small fridge for curing bacon etc, I keep cheese in it as well. <Not sure what the little freezer will ever be good for though! Not sure that part works properly to be fair!>

Looks like you are loaded up on cheese for a few months..
Your spot on. Don't even know why they have a freezer compartment. Makes no sense to me either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky