Char-Broil Center Cut Lump Charcoal Clearance Academy Sports

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bummed

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
South Alabama
Saw these yesterday so I picked up a couple for $2.48 a box. Haven't used it yet, not the best of reviews but worth a shot for the price.

20180831_101403.jpg

Never seen or heard of the stuff before, to be honest, I thought I was opening a joke post. I recognize all those words as BBQ words, just not in that combination LOL

Buying charcoal in a box, kinda seems like buying wine in a box, ... oh wait :-)

I have used that stuff. Bought two boxes on clearance. I kept looking all over the box for a weight. It seemed so light for the size. I wanted to know how much I’m getting, but it said on the box they measure in volume. That stuff is kiln dried and looses a lot of moisture weight. I didn’t have to use anymore than most other charcoals I’ve used. I really liked the taste it gave the Q and had a nice wood burning smell. It also lit very quickly. Once you get to the bottom of the bag(inside the box), it’s a lot of small pieces and dust, but I guess that’s common of all charcoal. I’d definitely recommend to others to try. Especially for the price your getting it at.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky