Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just came across this thread, too cool Mike! I've enjoyed your pics and postings from way down south! What an experience. I'd love to be able to travel there one day.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

;)

"That's a cool job"......Literally!  
beercheer.gif

Im not sure I told any of you but I have a facebook group called Antarctica Mike. Feel free to join and see more of what is going on here.

Here are a few pictures I took a bit back. This is a wooden cross out on Hut Point. I waited over 3 weeks for a clear night to get this picture.

I got this shot using a 16 second exposure. I saw this glowing white cloud on top  of a big hill and this is what appeared after the shot was done. I was AMAZED at the color that appeared.

These are pictures from our trip out onto the Ice to see the last sunset for the next couple of months.

These last 2 pictures show the effects of Fata Morgona. Its basically a marage on the ice caused by temperature changes on the ice.

Mike, these are magical!

That clear night sky must just be mesmerizing!

You could photograph for National Geographic!!! Great pictures!!!

Nice to see!!!

Happy weekend!!!!!!!!!

And what's your favorite thing you've eaten there so far? And drank? Still enjoying some New Zealand sips? I love hearing about it!

Cheers! - Leah

Phenomenal pics Mike.  Absolutely phenomenal.

Is anyone down there into astronomy, either amateur or pro?  If so inclined and it is clear grab a pair of binoculars and scan the sky.  Amateur astronomy is a hobby almost as addictive as smoking meat and can easily be enjoyed with just a pair of binoculars. I have no idea if it is even practical or possible but if it is you have a unique opportunity.

The Aurora Australis, the southern hemisphere version of the Aurora Borealis, have you seen it yet?  Fairly high activity level now due to solar winds.
[h1]  [/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky