Camp Chief Smoke Vault

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

plugs

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Michigan
I have been learning a bit about smoking over the last few months on the site and am working towards a new smoker. I have been looking around quite a bit and came across one of these at Gander Mountian today. They did not have one set-up, but I thought the size looked pretty nice for a propane smoker. I have not seen these mentioned on the site - any feedback on this model would be appreciated.

I smoke a fair amount of Salmon as they are fairly plentiful up here in Michigan & I like to sit on the water, but need a little better smoker to try some other goodies.

I hope my friends at Camp Chef don't see this.
I don't like their cast iron. Lodge is FAR superior.

Camp Chef has FANTASTIC cust service however.

I have a Camp Chef MVP Sport Grill. Nice portable tailgate grill.

LOVE IT.

DOn't have a Camp Chef smoker yet but I know a couple who do and they LOVE em. Jeeze one friend has the LARGE style Vault and they don't like to fire it up cause it houses so much meat and they feel dumb puttin in small smokes.

I'd be willing to bet a LOT of money that you'll LOVE your Camp Chef Vault.

I'd recommend a Search I'm pretty sure that Camp Chef has been well regarded here.

I like my Smoke Vault very much. I recently did six butts at once and had room for more. It will also do one just as well. It's advertised that you can even bake bread and pies in it. I haven't tried it for that yet, but you never know!

smoke vault all the way.i love mine 3 years old.
cool.gif

I have looked at the smoke vault many times while at Gander Mountain and the day I went to look at a used Lang I knew it was gonna be a good day because I was gonna come home with a smoker either the Lang or I was gonna stop by and get the smoke vault. I ended up with the Lang but may still get the smoke vault at some time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky