Bushman from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michiganbushman

Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all,
Not entirely new here as I have searched this site before but decided to make it official and signed up.

I have always been more of a jerky and sausage smoker but am starting to spread my wings to other things.

I was always tired of how little the store bought smokers were and how they did not work well in cold temps so about 12 years ago I built my own little insulated smokehouse out of wood and it served me well for a good long while but it started to rot out and I saw mold in it one day so to the fire pit it went.

My goal was to find an all stainless/metal freezer/warmer and convert it to a smoker.
Well I did just that and will post about it in the electric forum but yesterday I gave it a test run and I was very happy with the results. A turkey was daunting to say the least but after several hours researching methods and brines and recipes I gave it a shot.

Today I slice and marinate jerky and it will go on the smoker tomorrow.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. You’ve found a great place to share and learn. We also love cooker and food pics!

Welcome to the best BBQ forum on the web. Sounds like you have some great experiences to share with the rest of us. Don't forget the pictures!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky