Burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
Was at costco and saw some pork belly and thought hmmmmmmm burnt ends in the new cooker would be tasty. So I picked them and seasoned them with my go to SSPOG (seasoned salt/pepper/onion/garlic). I cooked them whole and origianlly put in a probe then thought jeez they are burnt ends and will be burnt thus being plenty done lol.

I cooked them until they looked like I thought they should at this point (just short of burnt) and then removed and cut them up. Then put in mixture of BBQ sauce and Maple Syrup then back in the smoker until once again they looked like I thought they should. I used pit boss (what walmart had when i got the cooker)competition BBQ hardwood pellets.

Reactions: SmokinAl and sauced
Those look fantastic!

I haven't made burnt ends from a belly yet.

I guess that's one more for the bucket list!

Point!

Al

They look real good....nice job. Just like Al, they are on my to do list.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky