Bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks decent so far.How is the air/moisture being circulated inside the unit?

There are two fans inside that run constant. It doesn't have a coil or condenser to cool. I believe it brings down the ambient air, seems to be about a 20-25 degrees drop max. Its in the garage now but I may have to move it inside if it gets any warmer here. If you look in the picture you'll see I rigged a piece of plastic over one fan so it wouldn't blow directly on the meat. It works good because it hits that goes down and the other fan blows forward causing good circulation.
Salt slurry to help maintain humidity.

Thanks everyone
I have a salt slurry in the bottom and the temp and humidity are good 40-50' and 70-85%. I peek in there in the morning and afternoon and it fluctuates a little but not too bad.
They haven't shrunk much yet which surprises me, I might take a weight reading this weekend.

Bresa looks very good.

I vacpack with mold on (unsliced). I don't see a concern. Unfortunately the mold will not last long on refrigerated vacpacked meats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky