Boston Butt for Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great. Just curious, how sweet was it? Between the heavy Syrup in Canned peaches and sugar, I would think it would be needing a Vinegar Finishing Sauce...JJ
Thanks Jimmy, actually it was not that sweet at all....but I do want to start doing a finishing sauce. Just wanted to not add too much changes in case it all went wrong and then I am stuck as to what messed it up.

Do you have a good recipe for a finishing sauce?

Great looking pulled pork and that bark is beautiful...nice job!!
Thanks sauced!
Clear plate, no plate, heck you could have used a paper grocery bag to serve that baby. Looks really good for here.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris for the like and nice comments! :emoji_thumbsup:

John

Here you go...JJ

Tangy Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

This is more of an Eastern North Carolina style Finishing Sauce...

2 C Apple Cider Vinegar
2T Worcestershire Sauce or more to taste
1/4C Brown Sugar
1T Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Granulated Garlic
2 tsp Granulated Onion
2 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
1 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flake. Add more if you like Heat.
1/2 tsp Grnd Allspice

Combine all and whisk well. This is a thin sauce, bring just to a simmer and remove from heat. FAdjust sweetness by adding Brn Sugar or additional Vinegar as desired...Makes about 2 Cups.

Here is a finishing sauce from soflaquer soflaquer 15 years ago.. It is still my go to ..

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Wow, how'd I not see this yesterday John? Your PP looks great and the bark you managed to get on that butt is off the charts, big Like! RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Oh my that is some tasty looking pork. I’m thinking I might have tried to slice the cornbread and pile the pp and slaw right in there. So yum! Mandatory thumbs up.

G
Thanks riverside for the like and kind words.

Didn't think of using the cornbread as a bun....crap too late now but worth a try in the future for sure

Nice looking cook. Very well done. :emoji_cat: :emoji_cat:
Thanks JC for the like and kind words

that sure is good looking John, buns are only for the guest:emoji_wink:
Thanks smokerjim for the like and comments!

John

Great bark and will try the injection. It sounds real good.
Thanks for the like hawg! :emoji_thumbsup:

It did turn out really moist and not too sweet, next time I think I will try chef jimmyj chef jimmyj finishing sauce with it.

Clear plate, no plate, heck you could have used a paper grocery bag to serve that baby. Looks really good for here.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris for the like and nice comments!

Looks delicious. The injection sounds good
Thanks Jake for the kind words, and let me know what you think....

Wow, how'd I not see this yesterday John? Your PP looks great and the bark you managed to get on that butt is off the charts, big Like! RAY
Thanks Ray for the like and the thumbs up

John

Excellent job on the bark.

The peach juice injection sounds to die to for too.
Thanks secondhand for the like, and I thought the same when I saw it.

Actually there was a specific rub and finishing sauce to go with it, but was more work than I wan't to put into at the time. Maybe next time I will do the whole deal

Looks Great, John!!
Making that Rec Tec Talk!!!
Nice Job---Great Bark!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John really appreciate the like and nice comments!

It was probably the best bark I have ever gotten on a butt....

Looking good - and check out that bark! Nicely done! Good inspiration to get a butt on my Rec-Tec.
Thanks for the like and kind words mooncusser!

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky