Boss Grill Pellet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jd90009

Original poster
May 10, 2024
Good Afternoon all, first time poster and pellet smoker newbie!

Recently taken on a Boss Grill pellet smoker. Tested with spatchcock chicken today and all has gone well so far... virgin brisket cook happening very early Sunday morning!

My question is this, is there an already available product to extend the hopper from its 3kg capacity? If not any easy recommendations to make this work and turn it into a low and slow overnight cooker would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240510_165412.jpg
    20240510_165412.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Mississippi! No help as I am not a pellet smoker user. But you'll get some answers here shortly.

Jim

Howdy, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
I had a Blazin' GridIron and I am a metal shop weld up a funnel for it that also served as an extender.
You could design something and have a machine shop build one for you.

Could use a food grade bucket and cut hole in bottom, a little piece of ply wood with hole to cover your hopper then set the bucket on top of that so that the holes align and pellets will fall as needed. This is a little crewd but does work. Dont forget to get a thermometer with alarm incase of a problem while your sleeping.

Reactions: jd90009
Ddidn't even think about something like a bucket, thanks! Will have a play later today.

Thermometer also arriving today
Could use a food grade bucket and cut hole in bottom, a little piece of ply wood with hole to cover your hopper then set the bucket on top of that so that the holes align and pellets will fall as needed. This is a little crewd but does work. Dont forget to get a thermometer with alarm incase of a problem while your sleeping.

Reactions: smokerjim
On another forum one of the guys used an old weber charcoal starting chimney filled with pellets setting on top of a full pellet hopper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky