Boneless pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
how many lbs ??? take it to an inside temp of like 145, and let it rest like 15 minutes ... also real good sliced in am with eggs 

Last edited:
should be around a 3 hr smoke, at around 225 and pull it when it gets 145 - 150 internal temp,, yum

Last edited:
always cook by internal  temperature, 145 is done, some prefer 150, check periodically , and you will learn your smoker ... take another pucture, bet it looking good

Last edited:
done .... it will be ok, put some bbq sauce on it and wrap it in foil for about 20 minutes ,,, that was fast,only 2 hrs, have to keep a thermometer in it ,,, well done ... it will be good 

Holy Schmokes! :icon_eek:
180' IT in a pork loin? I'm afraid that that loin is gonna be like chalk... Hope not though.

Griz400, I have to disagree, anything over 145' IT is overcooked in a pork loin.
It is just way too lean a cut of meat.
I try to never cook all the way to 145' IT, my goal is to pull at 140'-142' and let the IT rise to 145' as it rests.

Holy Schmokes!
icon_eek.gif

180' IT in a pork loin? I'm afraid that that loin is gonna be like chalk... Hope not though.

Griz400, I have to disagree, anything over 145' IT is overcooked in a pork loin.
I try to never cook all the way to 145' IT, my goal is to pull at 140'-142' and let the IT rise to 145' as it rests.
yeahthat.gif

Holy Schmokes!
icon_eek.gif

I dont really understand your point in saying 145 is overcooked ... We prefer 150 or 155 even ... my wife would not eat 145 still pink inside, I know its done, but, she wont touch it ... usda only put a 145 it last 12 years or so, it used to be 15 degrees higher, also there is different degrees of meat being ( done ) ... it still lists 160 being well done, used to be 170...We usually smoke about loins a month year round, We buy whole loins, cut center cut pork chops from the thick side of the whole loins, then after cutting usually 5 packs of 4 chops, there is a piece leftover about 10 inches or so, and we smoke these to an internal of 150 ... that being said, when I cook alot of food, like I usually fill the smoker up, it is sometimes 3-4 ays, before we ever even eat the loin, slicing it like a pork chop, and heating slightly in microwave, the meat itself is super moist, has great texture , and nice smoke ring, at 150, it still has some pink inside, but, not alot ...

this my 2 cents .... The advise i gave to a guy that was smoking his first pork loin --- I thought was spot on ....read the whole thread...

Last edited:
Morning griz. What's overcooked for one person is just right for another. As long as you and your wife like loin cooked to that IT then its perfectly cooked.

Miss Linda and I prefer it cooked to about 142, but when it comes to beef our tastes differ from the norm. Most seem to love it medium rare but we like it medium. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong. It's all personal preference.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky