Blackened, Smoked, And Seared NY Strips (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic Robert! I love that carnivore black! Looks like that new build is gonna put out some dang good meals! And its built like a tank!!
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the dinos that are on the way

Thank you Travis!! I enjoyed the commercial Carnivore rubs folks sent but they just didn't have enough depth of flavor so I created my own. This one hits on all the marks.

do they send you those stickers?

Yes. Joe at CPB makes sure I have them on hand. They come 500 to a roll and I'm about in need of another roll.

Great cook Robert! Very inspiring. I need to check out that rub.

It's a blend I put together a while back and really love it!!

Robert

Don't get any better than a perfectly done steak smothered in shrooms, you nailed it Robert! Great to see that gorgeous new smoker in action, nice piece of work!

Thank you my friend, and yes. I'm loving that smoker. It is working out far better than my expectations but there is a major learning curve with it. All the standard practices noted here are exactly opposite how this one operates. I'm getting it dialed in though.

Another fine meal Robert. I getting ready to fire up the fire pit on the patio. Trying to figure out what to cook on that grate that swings over the fire later. I have some left over pizza sauce so guess do hobo pizza and cherry pies. Maybe cook some sausage on grate and use for pizza.

Thanks Brian. sounds like you got some yummy goodies in mind here. Can't wait to see them.

Nailed it Robert. Nice work bud

Thank you my friend. It was a nice meal but didn't require a ton of time. Just the way I like it :emoji_wink:

Robert

And as always...Simply perfect! Darn good looking meal.

Well not always but thank you anyway :emoji_laughing: This one came out really well.

Wow that looks perfect! So neat that you made that smoker by hand. Do you have that rub recipe posted anywhere? I think I need to try that!

Thanks so much Mariko. The recipe has been posted but not in a thread by itself, just buried in other threads. Here ya go:

3 T Chili powder
3 T Activated charcoal
3 T Smoked paprika
2 T Garlic powder
1 T Onion powder
2 t Oregano
1 t Rosemary (crushed finely or run gently in a spice grinder)
1 t Cayenne
2 t Black pepper
1 ½ T Coriander
1 t White pepper
1 ½ T Cumin
2 t Ground coffee

This was created for a friend here in the forum who's wife has issues with salt so this does not have any in it. If you want to jazz it up a bit just add a teaspoon or two and taste. Add more if you feel you need it.

Robert

Now that is STEAK done RIGHT!

Thank you sir!! Even an old blind dog is gonna find a bone once in a while :emoji_wink:

You just keep hitting them out of the park! That smoker is a thing of beauty. And it is working nice by the looks.

Thanks so much my friend. It did look pretty decent but man...the flavor was amazing. Yes sir, that smoker is working like a dream. I'm loving that thing.

Dang Robert, another phenomenal meal. Well done… your photos are great as usual! But that last one has me drooling big time!

Your rub for the steaks has me intrigued!

Very much appreciate it Justin. Photos are just taken with an old Samsung Galaxy S8. I was really happy with the way this one came out. Not all of them are worthy of posting but I thought this one was. The recipe is posted above in a reply to O Omnivore

Robert

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Robert, you just don't see steaks in grocery stores anymore with that kind of fat cap and that's such a shame. Long ago when I worked in the meat department at a Winn Dixie, the standard trim was 1/2" of fat left on all steaks and roasts. You'll never see any untrimmed steaks with that much fat on them at the regular grocery stores anymore...

Those strips look outstanding...

Thank you for the kind words Bear. We did not lose power though...or water. We just had colder than normal temps and an ice storm. When the roads get covered with ice, folks tend to just stay home, especially out here in the Hill Country where we live. No inconveniences at all this time around. Matter of fact, I kinda like it when this happens.

Robert

OK---I won't recall them.
I don't like recalling prayers!

Bear

Steaks are done to perfection and you know I love those black ribs with charcoal and coffee!! As others said those CPB steaks are beautiful raw pieces of meat too!

Those steaks look done to perfection Robert, at least to my tastes, so I’ll definitely belly up to a plate of that! I’ve really been enjoying coffee in beef rubs too.

Great to see the new smoker firing up on all cylinders and running like a fine tuned machine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky