Birthday Party Smoke w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I have been terrible about posting stuff the past several months so for that I apologize. TNJAKE TNJAKE asked me to stop by roll call and introduce myself so I figured I should throw something out there. Daughter turned 9 last weekend so we threw her a birthday party of course.

Started out with a couple huge butts. Rubbed down with a modified version of tx smoker tx smoker pork rub. Ran these in my propane rig with hickory chunks running 250 for several hours. Then they both got panned and into my MES overnight uncovered.
may37.jpg

22 hours total ended up with this. Tons of liquid pork gold in the pans. This will be de-fatted and mixed back into the pulled meat.
may31.jpg

4 racks of baby backs.
may32.jpg

Did full size pans of 4 cheese mac/cheese, slaw, and smoked beans. The beans sat under the ribs while they were smoking. Only managed to get a picture of the pulled meat and beans.
may33.jpg

Added some deviled eggs and potato salad. Plated up.
may35.jpg

I wont bore yall with kids birthday party pics but snapped one of the cake my wife ordered. I offered to make a meat cake but she just gave me that look so unicorns it was.
may38.jpg

After eating BBQ for 2 days I was in the mood for something lighter. Grilled Chilean sea bass, oven roasted radishes, arugula salad with RWV and EVOO as the dressing, and some broccoli cauliflower "rice". That fish just melts in your mouth. So good.
may36.jpg

Well thanks for stopping by. Will try to get better about posting stuff but I don't know how I can compete with some of these cooks I have been seeing recently. Everyone is killing it and I love it. Keep up the good work fellas and stay safe out there.

John

Well that one is out of the park! Looks like you’ll fit right in here. Lol Nice to see you posting again. Nicely done. I’d eat that until I was sick.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Man the bark on that PP looks amazing John! A few sprinkles and that would have made a fine cake 😅.
And those ribs and sides look great!
2 great cooks and I'm sure a good time was had by all !

Keith

Wow! That is a great birthday meal!!! Beautiful bark and pull. My daughter turns 9 in July, I’ll try to convince her to go with the PP, she loves red meat, but the prices are tough!!!!

Whoa, what a feed, fantastic piece of work John! I'm sure all in attendance had a great time, and Emma a nice party, good job! RAY

That's a great birthday meal John! Glad Jake twisted your arm to post it! It all looked delicious and hope your daughter had a great birthday. And not even a flip flop shot :emoji_blush:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky