Beef Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snakehead

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
Round Rock, TX
I was able to score some CPM beef ribs from my good friend tx smoker tx smoker and finally had a chance to smoke them on Monday. I wasn't sure I had enough for everyone, so I also threw on a rack from the local HEB (I save the other rack I got from Robert for date night 🤣 ).

I rubbed them down with some mustard and some Blacks BBQ Rub that my kids gave me for Christmas last year:
IMG_2319.jpeg

One my Kamodo Joe got up to about 225, I threw them on:
IMG_2320.jpeg

After about 3-4 hours, they looked like there were close to done so I wrapped them until ready to eat dinner.
IMG_2325.jpeg

After unwrapping though...
IMG_2331.jpeg

The top one is the HEB Beef Ribs, totally inedible! The bottom one is the CPM, it was awesome!

I didn't take pics of it all, but I also made a Cajun Potato Salad which came out pretty good along with some Cajun spiced corn on the cob. All in all, it was a good dinner, but I will say that that Blacks BBQ while being one of the best BBQ joints in Texas is REALLY good (they have REAL Dino Ribs!), their BBQ rub that they sell isn't nearly as good as mine or Roberts ( tx smoker tx smoker ), WAY too salty!

Ribs look great! I’ve done the CPB back ribs before too and I they were amazing. Regarding commercial rubs I thin many are too salty. They cut cost by packing the blend with salt.

Reactions: Redicans
Would really need an interior pics as beef ribs tend to look crappy on the outside. Sorry it didn't work out in your opinion though I had some failed cooks too it sucks lol. I cooked an olive fed short rib block when i first got my smoker. Wasn't cooked nearly long enough I had to trash it :<(

Looks great from my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Good looking ribs Gerald. not hard to tell which rack is CPB and which came from HEB :emoji_laughing: You got some serious bark n those babies, that's for sure. /Nice cook my friend.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Yeah can tell the difference between the two. great looking rack on the bottom.
I'm with Brain....Tell me about this cajun tater salad.

Jim

Reactions: drdon
Looks good to me.... I do beef ribs a lot, slower to 209* works for me...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky