Bear's 52nd Anniversary Prime Rib for 2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Bear's 52nd Anniversary Prime Rib for 2020

Our Anniversary wouldn’t be right without a Smoked Prime Rib on the table
I wanted to get this done before any Big Snows get me all messed up here, at “The Den”!!
So even though our Anniversary is on December 27th, Our Dinner is happening on 12-11-2020.
We still have too many important dates, such as:
Christmas Eve——————-Dec 24
Christmas————————-Dec 25
New Years Eve——————Dec 31
New Years Day——————Jan 1
Bear’s Birthday——————Jan 3

So I bought this Choice Prime Rib on April 10, 2019, and it was only 3.11 pounds, after I cut the Dino Bones off of it.
Here is What happens to the Bones from Prime Ribs like this:
Smoked Beef Prime Rib Dinos (With Extra Meat)

Prepping (12-10-20):
2PM-------Rinse, Dry, and Score through the surface fat.
2:10-------Coat with Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce, and rub with Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
2:15——--Put on Wire Cooling Rack, in a Foil Pan, and put in fridge for an overnight rest.

Smoking (12-11-20):
10:30 AM———-Pre-heat MES 40 to 230°.
10:30 AM———-Fill 1 1/2 rows of AMNS with Apple Dust, and light well with Butane torch.
11:00 AM———-Put Prime Rib on second shelf, and place AMNS on the right end of the bottom Rack.
11:00 AM———-Also cut heat setting back to 220°, and pull dumper out 3”, and rotate 180°.
1:00 PM----------Sterilize & insert Meat Probe in center of roast. 97° Internal Temp.
1:30 PM----------Internal Temp is 106°.
2:00 PM----------Internal Temp is 117°.
2:30 PM----------Internal Temp is 126°.
3:00 PM----------Internal Temp is 135°.
3:15 PM----------Internal Temp is 138°. Reset MES Temp down to 140°
4:00 PM————After holding temp at about 140° with door opening & closing, IT coasted to 142°.
Pulled Prime Rib at 4:00 PM, sliced, added sides & Ate Dinner.
After Dinner, slice the rest of the Roast for Sammies & such.

I know I say this often, but this was the best Tasting & most Tender Prime Rib We've had Yet !!!

Thanks For Looking!

Enjoy the Pics---There's lots of them!

Bear

This is what happens to the Rib Bones I remove from all of my Prime Ribs: (Dino Bones)
IMG_0034.jpg

Choice Prime Rib 3.11 Lb, bought & frozen on 4-10-2019: (After removing Rib Bones)
IMG_6396.jpeg

Thawed, rinsed & patted Dry:
IMG_6397.jpeg

Crosshatch cut in:
IMG_6398.jpeg

Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce, CBP, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder, and into Fridge over night:
IMG_6399.jpeg

Removed from Fridge & Ready for Smoker:
IMG_6400.jpeg

Prime Rib on second position, AMNS on right end of bottom Shelf:
IMG_6404.jpeg

Internal Temp @ 138°, turned heat down to 140° to Hold: (AMNS Burned out)
IMG_6407.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_6406.jpeg

Ready to slice @ 142° IT, on my 56 year old Cutting board I made in 10th grade (1964):
IMG_6408.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_6409.jpeg

Slicing a few for Dinner---Middle 2 slices are for My & Mrs Bear's 52nd Anniversary Dinner:
IMG_6410.jpeg

Bear's First Helpings:
IMG_6411.jpeg

Slicing the rest up for Sammies and Such:
IMG_6412.jpeg

2nd Night---Steak Roll with Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_6413.jpeg

Then a Heaping tsp of Kelchner's Horseradish:
IMG_6414.jpeg

Spread that Horseradish:
IMG_6415.jpeg

Add a bunch of Prime Rib slices:
IMG_6416.jpeg

Close it up for Bear's 2nd Night's Supper: (Extra piece on the side)
IMG_6417.jpeg

Next Morning's Breakfast:
IMG_6419.jpeg

Prepping 3rd Night's Supper---Some Prime Rib Pieces & some leftover sliced Baked Taters:
IMG_6420.jpeg

Frying in Butter:
IMG_6421.jpeg

Getting There:
IMG_6422.jpeg

Bear's Third Night's Supper Plated:
IMG_6423.jpeg

Prepping some Football Game Snacks---Start with some cut up Prime Rib, and some of Jeff's BBQ sauce & some Horseradish:
IMG_6428.jpeg

Mix the Sauce & Horseradish & tear up a Steak Roll. Then Eat a piece of Roll, some Steak, and some Sauce Mix for each bite:
IMG_6429.jpeg

All that's left after 4 days:
IMG_6430.jpeg

Bagged & Frozen for future enjoyment:
IMG_6432.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow!! That's some pre-anniversary prime rib smoke, John. Looks fantastic.
That prime rib certainly came through for a whole lot of great meals and snacks. The sammie looks just as good as the first meal.
Congratulations (early) for 52 years to you and Miss Linda. Lord, 52 years!!
Gary

NICE !! Looks Great, Lota Mileage out of that one

Gary

Looks amazing bear and happy anniversary to y'all! Mine and emily's is the 22nd. 18years. Hope to have many more just like yall

Happy anniversary to you and Mrs. Bear. Looks like you had that entire PR figured out before you even started :emoji_wink: You do have a way of getting multiple meals out of each cook, that's fo sho!!

Robert

Looks excellent Bear! You know I especially love those eggs with the leftovers. Congrats early on the 52nd! Our 36th is in April. Thanks for sharing, nice work.

Happy up coming Anniversary to the Mrs. and yourself Bear, fantastic looking meals, no wonder she puts up with you :emoji_wink: ,

NICE !! Looks Great, Lota Mileage out of that one

Gary

Thank You Gary!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow!! That's some pre-anniversary prime rib smoke, John. Looks fantastic.
That prime rib certainly came through for a whole lot of great meals and snacks. The sammie looks just as good as the first meal.
Congratulations (early) for 52 years to you and Miss Linda. Lord, 52 years!!
Gary

Thank You for the nice compliments, Gary!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

YEAP! Happy Anniversary!!! 52 years!! That’s awesome! My parents have been married 51 years!!!

Your meal and leftovers look really good! I enjoy reading your threads.

As good as the prime rib is -and it is - let’s not bury the lead ... the real story is 52 years together. Mega congrats!! We are 12 years behind you. Won’t catch of course, but hope to troll along behind you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky