Barrels in Sacramento

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dgemiller

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Hi Guys,

If you are looking for barrels for your UDS (or anything else), let me know and I can get some for you.

I charge $20 for the steel barrels with lid and locking ring.  They are food grade (usually had a carrot or apple juice of some kind in them.)

I also have plastic barrels for water storage or whatever.  Sizes are 15 gallon, 30 gallon and 55 gallon.  Prices are between $10 and $20.  Removable tops, or solid tops with 2 - 2" bungs.

Write me an email or send me a text.

Thanks,

Doug

(916) 825-2762

[email protected]

It is the typical coating (either red or yellow/tan) that is inside most of the barrels you find anywhere.

Some people burn it at a very high heat, while I have heard of others sand blasting, glass blasting, or grinding.  I did see somewhere that somebody used a soap of some kind and it came off, but I couldn't tell you if it did work or not - I didn't see the results.  

I think the best is to burn it by building a super hot fire for like 30 minutes or so.  I don't know if it actually comes off completely, or if it just leaves a black charring on top of the coating.  Either way, it has worked well for me in the past barrels I have made.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky