Bacon cheese burgers onion rings. Lots of q-view.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Burger donuts what a great idea. How long did you smoke them? 
points1.png

Warren

OMG!!!! They look incredible!! Ah yet another item to add to the must make list!!
Thanks for sharing......points!!

:points:

I here ya on the "must make list" mine gets longer everytime I visit this site. Thanks for the point.

Burger donuts what a great idea. How long did you smoke them?  :points1:

Warren

Warren, they got just about 2hrs of smoke @ 225* These were quite thick. Thanks for the point.

Those look awesome! I am going to have to try those too!
drool.gif

Ya'll gotta stop with all these awesome recipes! I have one list of stuff I want to try, and Hubby has his own list, and HIS is getting longer

than mine! (Thing is...HIS list is stuff he wants ME to make! I told him, you make a list, you gotta cook them! 
wife.gif
  I guess I will have to teach him how to cook.....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Those look awesome! I am going to have to try those too!:drool:

Ya'll gotta stop with all these awesome recipes! I have one list of stuff I want to try, and Hubby has his own list, and HIS is getting longer
than mine! (Thing is...HIS list is stuff he wants ME to make! I told him, you make a list, you gotta cook them! :wife:   I guess I will have to teach him how to cook.....:icon_rolleyes:

So, his list is your list! :biggrin: If you cook it, does he take credit for it. :wife:

Last edited:
Oh, He learned real quick not to try that!  

One time, a few years ago, I had made some Fried Chicken and had sent the leftovers with him to work. He told the guys that he worked with that HE made it. Well, about 3 or 4 months later the guys were coming over for some ball game, I want to say Football, and were going to play cards later. He asked them what they would like for eats. They said How about that Fried Chicken you made....LOL! I found out from one of the guys wives that he had claimed to make the Chicken, When I found out, I decided to break that Dog from suckin' eggs.  He begged for 3 days for me to make Fried Chicken, that is when I busted him for it!

He can cook simple stuff, but he has his own way, and when it doesn't work out the way he thinks it should, he gets way too frustrated. I tease him all the time, I don't tell him how to Paint Houses, he doesn't tell me how to cook! LOL! After 13 yrs, he is finally getting the "Watch, and Learn." His biggest problem is he doesn't listen, he tends to think he has a better way, so sometimes I just have to teach him the hard way by the School of Mistakes. He learns quicker that way! (He has to eat his mistakes, just like a Bartender has to drink his mistakes)

He keeps things interesting, and it is a lot of fun, but he is starting to learn! Gotta love a stubborn man!
hit.gif

Oh, He learned real quick not to try that!  

One time, a few years ago, I had made some Fried Chicken and had sent the leftovers with him to work. He told the guys that he worked with that HE made it. Well, about 3 or 4 months later the guys were coming over for some ball game, I want to say Football, and were going to play cards later. He asked them what they would like for eats. They said How about that Fried Chicken you made....LOL! I found out from one of the guys wives that he had claimed to make the Chicken, When I found out, I decided to break that Dog from suckin' eggs.  He begged for 3 days for me to make Fried Chicken, that is when I busted him for it!

He can cook simple stuff, but he has his own way, and when it doesn't work out the way he thinks it should, he gets way too frustrated. I tease him all the time, I don't tell him how to Paint Houses, he doesn't tell me how to cook! LOL! After 13 yrs, he is finally getting the "Watch, and Learn." His biggest problem is he doesn't listen, he tends to think he has a better way, so sometimes I just have to teach him the hard way by the School of Mistakes. He learns quicker that way! (He has to eat his mistakes, just like a Bartender has to drink his mistakes)

He keeps things interesting, and it is a lot of fun, but he is starting to learn! Gotta love a stubborn man!
hit.gif

Amazing how folks claim that they cannot cook.  I had a future boss ask me one time if I could cook during an interview (replied yes), where the job had nothing to do with cooking whatsoever.  Some time after I'd been hired, I asked him about that question and why he'd posed it.  He said that all cooking is merely following instructions (see:  recipe), and if someone couldn't follow instructions, he or she wouldn't be working for him.  Very insightful.

It's not a matter that people can't cook--it's a lack of desire to do so or rely on others to do so for them.  My $0.02

And here I thought my bacon wrapped onion rings were awesome.......LOL   But adding ground beef to it, is totally unreal.   Gotta try it soon.   Mowin, thanks for sharing.

And here I thought my bacon wrapped onion rings were awesome.......LOL   But adding ground beef to it, is totally unreal.   Gotta try it soon.   Mowin, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments, cm.. Thumbs Up.

Let us know how they turn out...

mowin That looks great,I can't eat onions cooked in beef like that,reminds me of my moms meat loaf. Points

Richie

mowin That looks great,I can't eat onions cooked in beef like that,reminds me of my moms meat loaf. Points
Richie

Lol. Don't think any of moms meatloafs were the same. Always different. We knew what was going to be in our school lunch the next day.

Nice looking and good idea, mowin. Know you said it took a good amount of time--maybe to save some, make patties bigger than the rings, press the onion rings into the patty, cut out the center hole, & wrap with bacon. Might buy you some time....

Nice looking and good idea, mowin. Know you said it took a good amount of time--maybe to save some, make patties bigger than the rings, press the onion rings into the patty, cut out the center hole, & wrap with bacon. Might buy you some time....

The biggest pain was wrapping them in bacon. My GB wasn't holding together very well, and wanted to fall apart. Adding a egg to the meat mixture would probably help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky