Bacon, Bacon & more Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

John_D

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Orillia, Ontario
Let me first say this all started after I watched a few of Disco's video's.

I verified a few things with him via alternate methods and both him and Bear responded with assistance.

since my first attempts turned out so terrific, maple bacon, and buckboard bacon I decided to venture into a few more creations. The following have been tried ,tested and the result was fabulous. So much so, the result was a request for a repeat of the following three types by a friend who raved about them so much that a few of his friends have now requested I do some for them as well. So here we go, without further delay are the three flavors I have made with the follow up batches to go. Southern Style , Jalapeno & lime, and lastly Habanero. All cold smoked using Apple-wood. now I have 2 more creations to go and will follow up with the results when completed. They are Maple & crushed Black pepper, and the one that is already being asked for even before completion, a fine Coffee rub.
20190605_094759.jpg
20190605_101458.jpg
20190605_103216.jpg

Looks great! I bet that habanero bacon is wonderful hadn't thought of that before

I love hot stuff, and this was something I just had to have a go at. I was amazed at the flavor as it was thinly sliced and put it on a toasted bagel with a slice of cheese. it wasn't overwhelmingly hot but so subtle that as you ate it the heat increased until finally even after it was gone my lips still had a enduring tingle.

I love hot stuff, and this was something I just had to have a go at. I was amazed at the flavor as it was thinly sliced and put it on a toasted bagel with a slice of cheese. it wasn't overwhelmingly hot but so subtle that as you ate it the heat increased until finally even after it was gone my lips still had a enduring tingle.

I love hot stuff too. If you don't mind me asking what do you season or rub it with?

Great idea with the habanero. I bet you can make some killer beans with that!
My problem is no one else in the house likes anything that is spicy. I have to listen to them whine if I put too much pepper in any of the meals I make. I might just be moving back to my own home in the country with my Husky if this keeps up. Don't get me wrong,the company is great but I'm used to cooking things my way.

My problem is no one else in the house likes anything that is spicy. I have to listen to them whine if I put too much pepper in any of the meals I make. I might just be moving back to my own home in the country with my Husky if this keeps up. Don't get me wrong,the company is great but I'm used to cooking things my way.

I hear ya there. I got a family member like that. They only eat steak done till it's hard to cut with a steak knife, and if a pepper is hotter then a bell pepper in a dish, they throw out the food if you don't stop them. Things like that annoy me to no end.

not at all, every last piece is gone already. LOL

I have just taken another 3KG from fridge and getting ready to finish and smoke. Will be 1KG batches as I am still experimenting with flavours. These will be 1Kg dill pickle, 1KG coffee rub and 1KG of maple with crushed black pepper. As they have come out another 3KG has also been started, may as well get a routine going for the future as I still have 8 pieces of loin remaining at 3KG each.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky