Baby Back Ribs...Attempt #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
So last time I smoked was for the Super Bowl and they were ok. This is attempt #2.

I was so pleased with the Oklahoma Joe's rub for the pork tenderloin over Easter dinner, I decided to use it for my ribs as well.

Pit temp was between 226º - 243º consistently with a few small fluctuations. I coated them with KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce (Original) for the last 40 minutes. My fire started to die out near the end (thinking I didn't use enough charcoal) and internal meat temps were already at 187º and I was targeting 190º - 195º, so instead of trying to get the fire going again, I decided to pull them. They were semi-fall off the bone, could have used 40 minutes more or so to be completely fall off the bone, but they were delicious and I am very pleased with the smoke ring too.

ribs5.jpg

ribs4.jpg

ribs3.jpg

ribs 1.jpg

ribs2.jpg

Critique welcome!

Thank you all for the compliments. I will say as much as I LOVE KC Masterpiece BBQ as a dipping sauce, I don't think I'll be using it as a rib glaze again.

Nice job hannah. Improvement for sure which is all of our goal. Good job. With thick sauce like that you can thin down a bit with apple juice or acv. Keep it comin!

• Love
Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Beautiful smoke ring. I’m not a fan I’d fall of the bone. I do it sometimes for guests and the rack almost falls apart handling. I like mine to hold together and bite off tender and clean.

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky