Armadillo Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
I learned how to make these from my late grandfather (RIP). Sometimes he made them with chicken breasts and sometimes he made them with ground pork sausage. They are great either way. My wife prefers the chicken.

Ingredients
Cream cheese
Jalapenos
Thin sliced chicken breasts
Bacon
Stick butter
Your fav BBQ sauce (I used head country)

Here they are all rolled up and ready to roll at 350 until IT of 160. The butter and bacon will keep these baby’s from getting dry. Once they hit 160 I put them directly on the rack and hit them with BBQ sauce. At this point I crank my Traeger to high (450). I don’t take them to a temp I just cook them until the bacon looks good and crispy. Once again the fat in the butter and bacon will keep the chicken nice and moist.

*Edit to say I season the chicken with SPOG prior to rolling.
IMG_2757.jpeg
IMG_2758.jpeg

Finished product!
IMG_2760.jpeg

Thanks for looking
Fred

Last edited:
They look great. I am going to have to try these when my wife isn't home. She don't like heat.

Reactions: Texas Cookin'
They look great. I am going to have to try these when my wife isn't home. She don't like heat.
Maybe you could substitute a pepper without heat for her? A poblano comes to mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky