Anyone SV Skirt Steak Before?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
I keep seeing skirt steak go on sale for like $4.99-$5.99 a pound and I kind of half despise skirt steak in favor of flank steak but flanks steak is always a bit more expensive!
The skirt steak I see is usually riddled with fatty and sinew-like tissue and is just unpleasant cut to eat when grilled or hell any way that isn't simmered forever.

I haven never seen anyone SV one of these bastard skirt steaks and was curious what you results were when SV'ed and then thrown on the grill.

Let me know, thanks! :)

I have done it a few times. Most of the time they turned out excellent, but a couple of times they were not good at all. I have not been able to figure what I did different to cause this, so I'm not much help. I just know it can be done to be really good.

Reactions: zwiller
I usually grill hot and fast, but i did one sv this past summer that was really good. 135 for 2-3hrs then pat dry and a sear over high heat or a blazing cast iron 1-2 min per side.

Funny you posted this as I was just wondering this. Just got my SV going last weekend. Totally planning on doing this for fajitas and will report back when I can.

I have done it a few times. Most of the time they turned out excellent, but a couple of times they were not good at all. I have not been able to figure what I did different to cause this, so I'm not much help. I just know it can be done to be really good.
We tend to blame ourselves for these things . Remember the meat is not always the same . Tuff cut or whatever ,,,

Reactions: zwiller
Interesting feedback. So far it looks like it could go either way hahaha. This is why I prefer flank steak to skirt. Skirt is just so hit or miss in my experience and is more often a miss.
Now flank steak is just freaking fantastic with like almost none of the hassle. The flavor on a flank steak is unbelievable!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky