Another CI Cook!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I love to cook with CI… it just in my opinion takes the taste of food to a new level!

That being said, was helping my son cook again! So no prep pics….

But the menu was Blackened NY Strips, crab cakes and some crab cluster claws…. The claws were steamed in a water/butter mixture and not cooked CI!

So, here’s some pics of what dinner was tonight!

1030F276-1E76-4E7E-B3BE-6605EF93440D.jpeg
9E7D16D4-8E45-4D37-913A-EB8DEB1ED69B.jpeg
D98A145D-05CA-4483-B6D7-AAA036AE2D18.jpeg
EE42C1B9-0952-49C9-B8FF-627E19AB12D6.jpeg

Was a tasty treat, we don’t get seafood very often!

Thanks for lookin all!

That looks awesome! You both did awesome on that! And even though my wife is working I know I may speak for her...we can fill out the adoption papers when you arrive! We love crab legs!
On a side note...of you being mostly housebroke...it's ok, the neighbor has a 3 seater outhouse he restored!

Ryan

The boy got a nice crust on that! Nice work again! It was pan sear night for sure!

Thanks civil, he was quite proud! Appreciate the kind words and like! We didn’t get the wind here… hope all is well! It was gonna be a CI night here regardless! 😎

Reactions: civilsmoker
That looks awesome! You both did awesome on that! And even though my wife is working I know I may speak for her...we can fill out the adoption papers when you arrive! We love crab legs!
On a side note...of you being mostly housebroke...it's ok, the neighbor has a 3 seater outhouse he restored!

Ryan

Thank you my good friend! He was quite proud and I was proud of him!

So, your saying someone wants a horizontally challenged redneck? YES…. I’m on my way! I’ll bring crabs with me… wait… that doesn’t sound right! 😂.

Hey, I’ll take a nice 3 seater and I’ll sleep with the Dobies… if they will have me! 😎

Thank you my good friend! He was quite proud and I was proud of him!

So, your saying someone wants a horizontally challenged redneck? YES…. I’m on my way! I’ll bring crabs with me… wait… that doesn’t sound right! 😂.

Hey, I’ll take a nice 3 seater and I’ll sleep with the Dobies… if they will have me! 😎
Bring little miss Dobie a birthday gift...she's gonna be 3 on St Patty's day!
Of course right now she's staring at me...I think it's past her bedtime...but she won't go to bed till I do!
That's great to teach your kids to cook! It's something they will use their whole life. I didn't cook much till I found this site...but really enjoy it now!

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Bring little miss Dobie a birthday gift...she's gonna be 3 on St Patty's day!
Of course right now she's staring at me...I think it's past her bedtime...but she won't go to bed till I do!
That's great to teach your kids to cook! It's something they will use their whole life. I didn't cook much till I found this site...but really enjoy it now!

Ryan

Happy Birthday young lady! Love Dobies!

Appreciate the kind words buddy! I try but lack at other things!

Your a great cook my friend!

Beautiful meal Justin and kudos for having your son involved. I never got to do that with my parents but I did manage to spend some time in the kitchen with my daughters. It was always a great bonding time and they can at least put together a nice meal for themselves now. Heck, the oldest has actually turned into a pretty darned good chef.

Robert

You better watch out...That boy gonna have you relegated to supervising and beer drinking duty. Great looking meal. And you are so right. CI is the way to go!
Jim

That's just a great looking plate and very nice including your son. He's learning skills and gaining memories that will last him a lifetime and maybe pass on to his kids one day...

Wow that plate looks perfect Justin. The Dynamic duo strikes again.

Point for sure
Chris

Justin, your son nailed it!!.. Cant beat a good cast iron cook!. And you cant beat those times spent in the kitchen with your kids.. Something they will cary with them always.... You got me craving some crab now! Tell your son I said great job!!

Looks great, love thst you spend time with your son like that. I had an absent father but cooked with my grandmother frequently as a child. She started the passion for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky