Aloha From WA State

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keo

Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Everett,WA
Another new kid on the block. Been grilling, rotissin' and doing Hawaiian style pit bbq since mid '60. I have several 2' x 5' grills, four 22-1/2" Webers, 3 rotisseries I made from salvaged electric motors and worm drives AND about 800 lbs of lava rock from HI, CA and WA.

I have a small Brinkman that I converted to an offset smoker. I ordered a 24" x 48" backyard pit with upright which should be ready in another month. Have basically zero experience in "low and slow" cooking so I will be learning from you good folks. This is a new adventure for me.

aloha no a hui hou,

honu41

Welcome to SMF Keo! You will love this site.
Check out the free 5 day ecourse . Its a great start.

Quite an array of equipment you have. Look forward to seeing some q-view from it.

One other thing, If you get this message quick, you might turn to the Food Network. They are doing a throwdown using a roasting box called the La Caja China (la-ka-ha-Chi'-na). It's a similar process to your Hawian style pork. Not smoked, but something I thought you might be interested in.

Josh,
Mahalo for the heads up on the "La Caja". I have one of those too, just forgot to list it. On Thanksgiving I cooked 4 turkeys at once (15 to 17 pounders) then last Christmas I cooked 2 racks of rib roast. It works like a champ.

Take care a hui hou,

honu41

Welcome to the SMF, you're amongst the best. Looks like you've got some good hardware, looking forward to sharing smoke stories and Q Views too!

Aloha,

Mahalo for all your welcomes... I have alot to learn and I am sure you will assist me become a better bbq'er...

Take care ahui hou,
keo

Welcome to the forum keo!
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky