Advice: Go Big or Go Home??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok guys...I came to the right place for being enabled.😂😂
I called Ben Lang this morning and upgraded to the 60 Deluxe mobile. He had one in stock.

Appreciate all the feedback.
Now I gotta work some more overtime to pay for it.😁
Man its a lot easier to spend your money than mine! Any idea on a delivery date? Cant wait to see what we talked...er helped.....you decide on!

Jim

Man its a lot easier to spend your money than mine! Any idea on a delivery date? Cant wait to see what we talked...er helped.....you decide on!

Jim
Well...they are a little vague....when I inquired on the 48 I ordered, they said it was in stock and would generally ship about 2 weeks from ordering and I'd be contacted by the shipper so Id be there at dropoff with a check ( pay shipper direct)....well, that was 2 weeks ago, so.....
He said this 60D was in stock, so we'll see.
They get 5-6 orders to ship at one time and the guy plans his route accordingly.
TBH, it took about 3 months with my first cooker 9 years ago....I did the same thing back then....ordered 36 patio, then called and upgraded to 36 stretch mobile.
Today when I ordered the 60, Ben said yep...the North Route should be shipping soon and you should be on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Interesting to note: Found a post from back in 2008 that said "the 48 is 42 1/2 x 22 1/2, and the 60 is 62 1/2 x 23.

On the Lang website it states the 48 can cook b/t 70-80lbs of meat and the 60 can cook 160lbs of meat..... That's quite a difference for an extra foot of barrel I was thinking to myself.

If it were a true 48, that would be a 2.88 cubic foot difference. Not as much as you might think.
Per the dimensions of 2008, would be a 4.32 cubic foot difference between the 48 and 60.
Lower Cooking surface area of the 60 is 1320 sq in (60"x22 on Lang website)
Upper Cooking surface area of the 60 is 980 sq in (49"x20 on Lang website)
Total: 2300 sq in
Lower Cooking surface area of the 48 is 920 sq in. (46" x 20" on Lang website)
Upper Cooking surface area of the 48 is 700 sq in (35" x 20" on Lang website)
Total: 1620 sq in

That is 680 sq in (4.7 SFT) difference in cooking area. Probably an additional 6 racks of ribs or 8 more butts......I guess that's about right.

In 2008 the cost difference b/t the 48 and 60 was $600. Now it's $1700

Last edited:
Interesting to note: Found a post from back in 2008 that said "the 48 is 42 1/2 x 22 1/2, and the 60 is 62 1/2 x 23.

On the Lang website it states the 48 can cook b/t 70-80lbs of meat and the 60 can cook 160lbs of meat..... That's quite a difference for an extra foot of barrel I was thinking to myself.

If it were a true 48, that would be a 2.88 cubic foot difference. Not as much as you might think.
Per the dimensions of 2008, would be a 4.32 cubic foot difference between the 48 and 60.
Lower Cooking surface area of the 60 is 1320 sq in (60"x22 on Lang website)
Upper Cooking surface area of the 60 is 980 sq in (49"x20 on Lang website)
Total: 2300 sq in
Lower Cooking surface area of the 48 is 920 sq in. (46" x 20" on Lang website)
Upper Cooking surface area of the 48 is 700 sq in (35" x 20" on Lang website)
Total: 1620 sq in

That is 680 sq in (4.7 SFT) difference in cooking area. Probably an additional 6 racks of ribs or 8 more butts......I guess that's about right.

In 2008 the cost difference b/t the 48 and 60 was $600. Now it's $1700
dont trust Lang’s measurements at all. Hell they are wrong. Look at what they have listed for the 60 original upper rack. They had that listed when I got mine.

The 60 I posted has 3 bottom racks. The 48 has 2. I can’t measure the upper rack for you on the 48 as it is gone. I can measure the 60 if you want.

And prices went crazy!!!! I was quoted 675 for 3 slide out stainless racks on an 84 Fatboy bill in December 2020. No way you could get that now. It’s nuts.

dont trust Lang’s measurements at all. Hell they are wrong. Look at what they have listed for the 60 original upper rack. They had that listed when I got mine.

The 60 I posted has 3 bottom racks. The 48 has 2. I can’t measure the upper rack for you on the 48 as it is gone. I can measure the 60 if you want.

And prices went crazy!!!! I was quoted 675 for 3 slide out stainless racks on an 84 Fatboy bill in December 2020. No way you could get that now. It’s nuts.
Yeah...I had to go to the 60 with chargrill webpage to get the right upper measurement (maybe)...the other two options showed a WAY smaller upper.

Reactions: flatbroke
Well... ole Ben Lang called me up today to let me know that my new 60 Deluxe Mobile is loaded on the truck and on its way. The excitement and anticipation continues!! Should be here in time for a Brisket and Sausage Easter cook! :emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

I'll bet you're like a kid on Christmas Eve - I know I would be! My wife would be catching me staring out the front window...hoping to see that truck coming up drive LOL!

Congrats on the new pit, and be sure to post lots of pics so we can all be envious! Looking forward to seeing your first cook in it! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Red

Well... ole Ben Lang called me up today to let me know that my new 60 Deluxe Mobile is loaded on the truck and on its way. The excitement and anticipation continues!! Should be here in time for a Brisket and Sausage Easter cook! :emoji_yum::emoji_yum:
Congrats!! You are going to love it

Reactions: kevinwi
Well....dang it.... I had hoped the smoker would be here Friday as I planned a cook Saturday for Easter, but it appears he won't come until Monday.
Ben said there were only two cookers on the load and the driver was from Illinois where one of the cookers was being sent...I guess the driver is spending Easter weekend with my cooker at his home...lol

Well, it finally arrived. I was at work. Driver called and said "I rang the doorbell but no one answered".
Well no shit...I'm at work....I waited all weekend and you didn't show or call and you expect me to be home when you just show up. ??...lol

But.....with snow and rain in the forecast the next few days, I wanted to get it oiled and seasoned before rust sets in....some was already on grates because it sat on his truck all weekend..
but now it's well oiled and steam cleaned.....Can't wait to get cooking on it!
1000002130.jpg
1000002133.jpg
1000002135.jpg

Last edited:
Awsome looking smoker and I will definitely stand by and stay tuned for the marvelous smoked meats that will be offered up by that pit. Congratulations! I’m pumped!

Looks clean and shiny and I know you're anticipation of the first cook is off the charts!! What do you have planned for the maiden voyage?

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky