A Week of Mrs Civilsmoker Smoked Meat Creations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Ok this isn’t one of my usual posts and I know you get to see lots of pics of meals me and my boy create.....but I thought I’d would share the dinners that my wife made/ created this week.....

In full disclosure she had me smoke 1/2 a dozen dry brined chicken breasts and 2 beef chucks. That said she has been studying Gordon Ramsey recipes and how he focuses on layering flavors together to make magic....

Sunday....smoked chuck (@ 3.99/lb $16 bills)....Tuesday smoked 6 breasts (@ 3.49/lb $8).

Creation#1 - Deconstructed Shepard’s “Bowl” & Garlic Toast....
CFD5034A-C276-4CDB-B0F5-601F7617322B.jpeg

This has a bed of GR Idaho Russet mash, smoked chuck, scratch beef Marsala, fresh veg, seared baby bella 1/4s & GOs...... flavors just layered together!
A6D4CBEE-F987-408A-85AF-AA7017B3CC99.jpeg

Creation 2 - The next night dinner was mixed up with a bed of leftover mash, scratch beef burgundy w/creme fraise, smoked chuck, seared Bella 1/4s, GO, & toast....
7D8D2596-FC98-483E-94E1-B5517298A237.jpeg

The burgundy completely transformed the bowl to a whole new set of flavors!
D6409D02-D5E8-416B-9FE8-9A7065AC9D47.jpeg

Oh and this had to be joined with my wife’s scratch made blood orange vinaigrette & orange salad........it’s taste is as loud as the color!
FB944587-2107-4D83-B6B4-DD89949A9531.jpeg

Next up showcases my wife new kitchen tool! I have to admit this thing makes rice good enough to eat it plain out of the bowl.....
81DE7A9A-68F7-495B-ACE3-2BF18307C96F.jpeg

Creation 3 - So this next dinner starts with a bed of rice out of the wife’s cooker then circled first with shredded cabbage, smoked chicken breast, glass noodles, & smoked chuck. This was topped with scratch bulgogi, yum yum, soy sauce glaze, GO, seeds & cilantro....
FD5B03CB-C222-4CC3-8B85-24E5FC95D9CF.jpeg

This bowl is a off the chart next level layers after layers of flavors!!!!!
476518EC-D6DF-4907-BD95-CE377E3AC3E5.jpeg

Creation 4 - Ok if that wasn’t enough for the week, my wife makes this smoked chicken SW salad...
D9DBF61A-0F0E-4EDE-ACEA-368957133498.jpeg

This meal is elevated with layers of flavor in my wife’s creamy cilantro lime dressing.... it is a vinegar/oil base with Serrano peppers, garlic, shallots, smoked paprika, Mayo, & sour cream....
E4DEAC31-732A-4B74-9175-0A5CE7608EB5.jpeg

She sliced the chicken thin and warms it up with chard corn, GO, cojita, cilantro, & tortilla strips..... it is again layer after layer of intense flavor.....mind blowing!
54A40D89-8F6E-4F26-B9A8-485D48FB3FDF.jpeg

So today being all out of smoked chuck & chicken so my wife had me smoke up another 4lb chuck (3.99/lb)..... had to show my work cause I worked real hard on it....lol....
D087949A-66F5-4E36-9C53-8E4BFA1D643D.jpeg

Creation 5 - So my wife had something special for this chuck..... she made up a scratch dark chocolate almond butter mole...she makes it with a combination of blanched peppers & dry ground (3 different kinds).....
819A79CF-69C8-4CA5-8F96-A00A291E024E.jpeg

These layers of flavor started with a bed of scratch Spanish rice....my wife makes a hot bowl of liquid seasonings that is blended into rice cooker made rice. Gordon Ramsey uses this technique for his cilantro lime rice, so my wife adapted it to Spanish rice....makes it way good and NOT dry...next some graded cheese, mole, topped with seared corn, chuck, olives, GO, & cilantro, GR caramelized red onion w/ a side of toasted FT ....
39B37AD5-F8A4-48EA-9808-BFCAE323DDDF.jpeg

This wraps up how Mrs Civilsmoker used basic smoked meat though out the week in a economic but elevated way...... needless to say I’m a lucky and happy man!

Last edited:
Man she was on fire !! I a especially into that creamy cilantro dressing and the mole!
Thanks jcam! Yea the creamy dressing and mole were crazy good! I don’t know how she does it.....but is enjoy it!!
This is an incredible post. A lot going on here and it all looks amazing.
Thanks Sven! I’ll pass along the thanks to the Mrs!
WOW, you both have been busy and great looking bowls of food.
And full bellies also

David
Thanks DRK! Oh I’ve been doing single meal days the whole week! A thing of yogurt for a brunch and then dinner!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Alrighty! I'm taking a week of vacation and headed to your house. Will you run a couch and dinner for a week?
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
CS, Wow! Those dishes look like you were eating at a high end restaurant, your wife is quite creative !

That looks like a week of amazing meals to me. That Asian dish with the soy glaze and yum yum sauce looked fantastic.

Wow! What an awesome wife! Love it all!
Great work guys!!
Thanks yankee! I’ll second that on the wife! When I see her buried deep in to a GR cook book, I’m a kid in the candy stir waiting for what’s for dinner!
Wow! Just Wow! I am blown away. So great looking food. Would love the recipe for the creamy cilantro lime dressing.
Thanks Brian! She has been really enjoying using GRs techniques in our daily cooking. She did write down how she made the dressing, so I will post it later today once I finish my honey to list... if you come help me with my list I’ll give you a jar of it!
Alrighty! I'm taking a week of vacation and headed to your house. Will you run a couch and dinner for a week?
Jim
Sure, but expect a “to do list”..... last week we took 5500lbs of stone off the house to take it to the dump..... we have another 3k in the trailer to go to the dump....lol
CS, Wow! Those dishes look like you were eating at a high end restaurant, your wife is quite creative !
Thanks CM! She like making new stuff! These are simple dishes but put together with high end techniques which are simple cause they need to be quick or short labor time to make money!
CS, man that looks incredible. Everything sounds amazing.
Many Thanks BF!
It ALL looks great!
Thanks norm!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
That looks like a week of amazing meals to me. That Asian dish with the soy glaze and yum yum sauce looked fantastic.
Thanks ringer! We have been doing the Asian dish for some time, we usually do chicken but we have done pulled pork and pork belly with it but the is the first with the chuck and man oh man the beef chuck was perfect!

Wow, you are a lucky man, looks to be a ton of fine dining going on in Idaho! RAY
Many thanks RAY! And I agree! Fine dining in Idaho “is” eating at “home”! Ps we don’t have a fine dining place within 2 hours

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky