A special thanks to my French Canadian Mother-in-Law

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks cecil. I want to try mud-bugs, but the ones that they sell here are grown on a farm in Taiwan or someplace similar, I was warned not to buy them and hold out for the southern bugs when they become available. Which is about once a year, and you have to be in the store when they stock them.

Chris

No lobster for me (tastes very bitter to my palate) but I'll make up for it in meat pie. Bugs are similarly bitterish and taste like a swamp smells. I blame that on being forced to eat a lot of poorly purged (if at all) crawfish when I was young. I can tolerate them in something very powerful like etouffee, but I won't choose them if I have a choice.

It's the best of 2 worlds. Meat and Pie.

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks good. I made a Sam’s club rotisserie chicken meat pie last week.

I make them La. style filled too. Sausage/ burger mix.Had them when down visiting my wife’s family and when I’ve worked down there. Man they were good.

Chris, I've never had meat pie, but would love to one day. Lobster? I like it, but the price around here drives me away...

No lobster for me (tastes very bitter to my palate) but I'll make up for it in meat pie. Bugs are similarly bitterish and taste like a swamp smells. I blame that on being forced to eat a lot of poorly purged (if at all) crawfish when I was young. I can tolerate them in something very powerful like etouffee, but I won't choose them if I have a choice.

It's the best of 2 worlds. Meat and Pie.
Thanks Hijack, but bitter? I've never thought of lobster as being bitter. My favorite ways of eating lobster is either dipping the meat in a nice hot melted cup of butter, a lobster roll, or in a seafood mac-n-cheese.
Looks good. I made a Sam’s club rotisserie chicken meat pie last week.

I make them La. style filled too. Sausage/ burger mix.Had them when down visiting my wife’s family and when I’ve worked down there. Man they were good.
Appreciate it Boris, and that does sound good.

Chris

Chris, I've never had meat pie, but would love to one day. Lobster? I like it, but the price around here drives me away...
Thanks Charles. They can be pricey, but they also go on sale around here quite often. You should give meat pie a whirl. I think you'd like it.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky