A real cold smoker.... picture....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I wish this was mine... likewise the fish in it.....

Smoke house Stan Zuray.jpg

Thats just awesome! Cold smoked food is great...unfortunately since I live in HELL...oh I mean South Florida....there is no cold smoking in my future anytime soon.:emoji_disappointed:

Stan Zuray on the Nenanna river in Alaska.. He starred in a show "Life below zero"....

I watch that show a lot, but never saw this setup. Closest one was the Jessie's (forgot his last name). I would think eating THAT much might get "old" after a while.

That picture is from the NEW episode.. A group of folks are making a special about Stan and his family and life on the river... I donated to their production and get frequent updates...

I have never gotten tired of quality smoked salmon... When I fished on a purse seiner in SE Alaska, my smoker was going 2-3 days /week.... I should have had my cholesterol checked during the fishing season...

I thought and said the same thing watching that show. " Eating Salmon all the time must get old..." Then my Wife shot me her...You're an Idiot...Look and reminded me I have eaten EGGS every morning and sometimes for Supper the same day, FOR YEARS!...JJ

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
chef jimmyj Your wife must know my bad habit as well! Eggs done ANY way is a big vice of mine too! However to our defense, it is hard to eat "smoked salmon" very many different ways. But daveomak was right, their cholesterol level is probably way better!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky