A new cure...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We used to sprinkle Nitrates on our corn flakes, and we liked it!

download (1).jpeg

Can't say I'll be trying them.... Not that I'm opposed to alternatives, but I don't really see the point either. 1 radish contains more sodium nitrite than you'd get from a sausage.

As mentioned cost is the biggest issue. Their price works out to roughly $75 Canadian per pound. I just bought a bag of nitricure #1 the other day for $5.95 a pound.

Interesting. I have no problem using Cure #1, Cure #2, TQ, Salt Petre..

I would like to see further science on this before accepting/rejecting.

Reactions: daveomak
I watched the video and I'm intrigued. I have no problem using cure#1. A 8 oz bottle of this stuff would last me a long time and at around 30 bucks isn't that bad. It looks like it's used at 1% of the weight of the meat/fat. Cure #1 is usually at .25%. The first ingredient is salt, but it doesn't say how much salt. My issue, having never used this product is whether I would need to adjust the salt level in my recipes. Cure#1 is 93.75% salt so you definitely have to take that into account. I left a comment on Eric's video and he says he didn't have to adjust it but he's going to try a few more batches.

Last edited:
Ok so my first post was I will wait on this.

After doing some research and talking with my BIL in Germany, I decided to order the ecocure 1 & 2

It should be in next week.
I will take both for a test ride and give you my thoughts.

Supposed to be here tomorrow. Will wait with my batch of meat until the ecocure is in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky