A FEW CSR's FOR FATHERS DAY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Number 1 son called about the middle of last week and said he was going to cook for Fathers Day. What do you want?. I said let me think about it and check the sales sheets. (He was going to cook for his wife's parents too) I say CSR's were on sale for $1.59 lb. I called him back and said CSR's would be great and they are on sale. He said that would be great. I told him I would go ahead and pick some up (He is in Dallas running a Tower Crane). he said get a bunch. So I bought $34.00 worth (about 20 lbs.)

Sunday, We were all set to grill these monsters and I thought "Lets do it right" he was going to cook, but !! While he was at the store I fired up the smoker. He said as soon as he pulled up he smelled the smoker, and said "Dad, I was going to cook for you", I said lets just do it together. He liked that. He fixed Cowboy Potatoes, Baked Brussel sprouts with bacon, grilled squash and zucchini and Cucumber, Tomato & Onion salad.

Oh also did a couple of pounds of Boudin (Love that Stuff)

Didn't take a lot of pics, In fact Pics was an after thought but I did get a few
Here is what I got

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

It was good stuff and a big hit with her parents and Aunt and Uncle

Thank you for looking

Man those CSR's look juicy! The sausage even more so! But if I were standing right there, I know I couldn't help myself. There would be one less jalapeno. :D

Sounds like you had an awesome Father’s Day and from the looks of the pics we can see you ate like a king.

Gary that right there is one heck of a father's day platter of vittles. What makes it even better is that it was a father/son moment.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks guys, It all turned out great !!

Gary

Awesome!!
Great Teamwork going on in East Texas!!!
Looks Mighty Tasty!
Like.
My Dad's Day got postponed, because Bear Jr got a Bad Cold, & didn't want to give it to me.
Won't be long---He rarely gets sick & they don't last long.

Bear

Thanks John

Gary

So many great plates yesterday. This is no exception. I'd be more jealous if I hadn't had a cook of my own but that doesn't mean that I'm not just a little jealous. Great job.

George

Thanks Al and phatbac

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky