65 day Drybag Aged Rib-Eye, Shrimp and Twice Baked Potato

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mossy:  thanks!!  Nope, I'm just using paper or cotton towels (changed daily until towels no longer moist).  I age for two weeks typically (I've experimented the whole gamut, as you've been doing, and that seems to be the sweet spot as far as waste vs tenderness vs taste goes) and I do it so often that the bags would break the bank!  Also, for me the big advantage to the bags seems to be the 'blocking of off flavors' (per dry bag site) and since I use a dedicated fridge, that hasn't been much of an issue.  Next week I'll post some pics of the fridge if you like...it's my prototype, so it aint pretty, but it works like a charm...

Looks-Great.gif

Thanks for the post.  I used my dry bag for a rib roast and did 48 days and was wondering if it would improve if we left it in longer.  Looks like it's not much difference so I'll stick with my standard 48 day age process. 

Looks fantastic Marty

I gotta get my drybag system out and use it.

Go to a Butcher that Slaughters On-Site or purchases Sides of Beef. They typically will Hang their Sides for 2 weeks at 30-35*F and at as much as 85% Relative Humidity, before they break them down and place them in their case or distribute to local stores and Restaurants.
Could you just ask them to hang it longer? have them hang the side of beef 4-5 weeks instead. for example if you go buy a whole side of beef

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky