4th of July Weekend Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBCWCHS06

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
With a 4 day weekend coming up for the 4th of July weekend have a lot of smoking on the agenda. Even more so now because I had someone give me a brisket flat that they weren't going to cook. Now this is where I need the help they gave it to me on Sunday and it was partially frozen since they had an hour drive. So I laid it in the fridge and it already seems thawed out but can't cook it until Sunday. What can I do because 5 days thawed in the fridge seems like a long time. Thanks again for any help.

With a 4 day weekend coming up for the 4th of July weekend have a lot of smoking on the agenda. Even more so now because I had someone give me a brisket flat that they weren't going to cook. Now this is where I need the help they gave it to me on Sunday and it was partially frozen since they had an hour drive. So I laid it in the fridge and it already seems thawed out but can't cook it until Sunday. What can I do because 5 days thawed in the fridge seems like a long time. Thanks again for any help.
Is it vaccum sealed ? If it still has a seal on it then you’ll be fine

About the only way I like to thaw stuff now is slow in the fridge so don't think it too warm. But it's a brisket they had cut from a cow so looks like it's vacuumed seal but the packaging looks a bit loose on the outside so not for sure I'll post a picture later though.

Here's a picture of it in the fridge. The plastic is not very tight against the meat but doesn't look like it has been opened or tore anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20230627_164409649.jpg
    IMG_20230627_164409649.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 12
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky