4PoGo7's Christmas List - Any Advice?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

After sealing dozens and dozens of bags I started having problems with my Pro110. When I was trying to seal a brisket flat it was having to draw too hard to get the air out which actually caused the spring loaded latches to release. It was a major pain and I never got the bag sealed right. So as much use as I have gotten out of that unit I thin anyone that plans on using it a lot should seriously look into upgrading. 
Well that sucks. Thank you for the heads up!

After sealing dozens and dozens of bags I started having problems with my Pro110. When I was trying to seal a brisket flat it was having to draw too hard to get the air out which actually caused the spring loaded latches to release. It was a major pain and I never got the bag sealed right. So as much use as I have gotten out of that unit I thin anyone that plans on using it a lot should seriously look into upgrading. 
There's a phrase about "better to buy once and cry once"...  I can't speak to the 110 vs other models, but generally I've found it beneficial to skip the very bottommost model in product lines in favors of one or two steps up the ladder.  

There's a phrase about "better to buy once and cry once"...  I can't speak to the 110 vs other models, but generally I've found it beneficial to skip the very bottommost model in product lines in favors of one or two steps up the ladder.  
Good advice, Thanks!

Its well worth the drive.......
Foam, I was actually just looking at the locations again today. There is one pretty close to the in-laws. Having our first little one, 6 months today, we see them monthly. Might have to take advantage of the fact grandma and grandpa can't stay away!

I'm getting a meat slicer and a meat grinder for Christmas. Not sure exactly which ones, but I feel I've pointed MIL in the right direction, and she always does good shopping for me.

BTW, no "in law" jokes here. My in laws are the salt of the earth. I would do ANYTHING for them. I lost my father and mother at far too young an age for me. My father never saw me married and my mother never saw grandchildren from me. My in laws have bent over backwards to try to "make up" for my loss and the loss of half of my children's grandparents.

Sorry for the downer.

So, let's play with some meat!!!!!
I wish I knew for sure that I was getting things from my Christmas list. Good score on a meat slicer and grinder!

No jokes about my in-laws, just saying that since we see them so often, whether it's them coming down or us going up there, I might as well see if they could pick stuff up for me since it is close to them. My in-laws are great and they spoil my son already!

No worries, sorry to hear about your lose! Cherish those that you have and remember those that you don't!!

Last edited:
Well Christmas was pretty good. Got the foodsaver, kitchen scale, and knife sharpener along with stuff I didn't ask for so it was a good on the gift side. Smoked a pork butt for pulled pork and ABT's for the in-laws since Christmas was at our house this time. Everything turned out great and was a hit. Even with my MIL who doesn't really eat meat or like smoked things. She was the first to try the ABT's and raved about them. Success!

What did everyone else get/ smoke for Christmas?

Congrats on a successful Christmas bounty - and kudos to you sharing the love.  I'm guessing there is a connection either way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky