3 meat smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Big Glenn

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Knoxville, Tenn
I have been too busy to work the smoker for several weeks., My wife had knee replacement surgery and I had taken over the domestic duties as well as driving her to Dr visits and therapy. Since she is doing well I decided to give the smoker a workout last Saturday. I went and bought a whole chicken. a eye of round and a boneless turkey roast. I used Jeff's rub on the chicken, a steak style rub on the eye of round, and Weber savory brown sugar on the turkey. Ran the smoker at 250 which it held almost perfectly. Used apple chunks. All went smoothly. Here are some pictures of the finished products.
IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

And the clean-up crew

IMG_0660.JPG

Have to say I was impressed with the 615A slicer

Thanks for looking

Glenn

Nice work . That eye round is perfect ! Those turkey roast are really good . Haven't seen one here in awhile .

looks like lot's of good eating there , glad to hear the wife is doing well, it's amazing how fast they get you moving afterwards. yeah nothing like a clean up crew got a couple myself.

The turkey was my favorite. Of course I think a turkey sandwich is food for the gods.
My son started making cheese steak sandwiches with the beef. They are awesome also

Looks like you hit a tri-fecta. That is some good looking chow.

Point for sure
Chris

Damn Glenn that all looks awesome! Love doing the eye of round. Bet you wont be going back to store bought roast beef now! Where did you get that boneless turkey roast around here?

The turkey roast came from Walmart. I don't usually buy that kind of stuff there but saw it and thought I would give it a shot. It looked like half a boneless turkey rolled up and put in a net.

That all looks awesome.Hope my beef knuckle for lunch meat comes out as good as your round. I’m going to try a boneless turkey soon too now that I know GFS carries them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky