250 Gallon Offset Trailer Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonslayer

Original poster
Nov 18, 2022
In the middle of building a new smoker trailer and could use some advice. Found an old tandem axle boat trailer that I’m using so there is lots of free space. Definitely going to use some for wood storage, but can’t decide on the rest. I’ll probably roll with just that for now but am playing with the idea of building a Santa Maria grill and adding a sink, but have heard people don’t really use their sinks as much as they anticipated.

5425CE2C-73D9-471A-A734-4EA34FF40DE8.jpeg

2A25A619-766F-4CC1-B649-56E8B3B15B86.jpeg

I’m also trying to plan for how I want to paint it. The raw steel on the firebox looks great but it’ll get too hot for linseed so I’m thinking of painting it black, and doing a patina finish on the cooking chamber. I might paint the trailer itself navy just to add a little flare. Thoughts? Thanks.

Reactions: 48°North
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky