24 Karat Tomahawk

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! I’ve seen the gold leaf on a few random TV or YouTube shows. I think usually on cub cakes though. Nothing that looks as beautiful as yours though! That is a really cool cook…. I don’t know why, but I want to try it🤣 love Tomahawks, very tasty!

You’re a good father, big salute for going next level with your boys!
Thanks for the kind words Jed. I have just always wanted to show them that I value the things they care about. Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most to them. I've still got alot of growing to do as a dad. I was left to my own devices alot as a child and teen and I can't help but sometimes wonder if things had been different. But I guess that's what made me want to do things like this with em, wouldnt change that for the world.

If you ever get bored, give it a shot! The kids love it. The gold leaf was pretty reasonable but it is very very delicate and it immediately sticks to whatever it touches first (took 4 sheets to learn that the hard way).

Reactions: bauchjw
If you need tickets I think you might know a guy. The students get really good deals.
Appreciate it bud. We are season ticket holders for football lol. We go to 2-3 games and sell the rest or give them away. We love going to the games

Reactions: Ringer
Appreciate it bud. We are season ticket holders for football lol. We go to 2-3 games and sell the rest or give them away. We love going to the games
Gotcha, well maybe we can meet up at one and go get some good food.

Reactions: TNJAKE
That's one cool looking steak! Big kudos for doing that with your son! I'm with you on the no rap or skinny jeans lol!

And the heck with a realtor... Jake's gonna adopt me! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Nothing like a good tomahawk.

Perfect looking Tomahawk steak Ringer. NIce job on that.

Point for sure
Chris

Kudos to you for taking an interest in the children and an excellent cook. That looks fantastic. Not so sure I'd do the gold though unless it wasn't overly expensive.

I considered doing that for memorial day, without the gold, and chickened out
Would you care to enter into a little discussion? I know where a few of these are...:emoji_wink:
001.jpg

Robert

Kudos to you for taking an interest in the children and an excellent cook. That looks fantastic. Not so sure I'd do the gold though unless it wasn't overly expensive.

Would you care to enter into a little discussion? I know where a few of these are...:emoji_wink:
View attachment 633750

Robert
Thanks Robert, the gold wasn't too much. I think it was right around $30. Considering it was for a birthday, not too bad. The steak was 4 times that...lol

BTW that is a beauty you have there.

Perfect looking Tomahawk steak Ringer. NIce job on that.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the point Chris! I wish I'd taken some sliced pics. I may have another celebratory steak cook coming later tonight. 🤔

Wow that is one hell of a cook. The steak looks excellent and super cool of you to do that for your son! Appreciate the kind words and the shout out as well.

Heck of a good looking steak. I try to do things special for the kids and grands for their birthday also.

Durn Jake...Wanna sell the Hog game tickets?
Jim

Heck of a good looking steak. I try to do things special for the kids and grands for their birthday also.

Durn Jake...Wanna sell the Hog game tickets?
Jim
I'll have to see when the season starts. If we go to the A&M game the weekend before hogs we probably won't do both back to back. Gonna have to see how good Aggies gonna be first. If they are gonna beat the brakes off us then we will probably go to the hogs game lol. I'll let you know closer to time though

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky