2014 North Florida Gathering April 4,5,6

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds like its going to be one hell of a party! If I wasn't going to get my new toy this weekend I'd love to come hang with you guys. Always next year I guess.

David sorry about your friend and know y'all will be missed

Dave... sorry to hear the bad news... prayers for all of y'all ....

I'm all packed up... loaded .... ready to go... will be pulling out at 6 AM (hopefully) ... should arrive a little after lunch ....

Sorry for your loss David!

So i really wanted to make it up there but i'm just not able to get out of the obligations i setup this weekend, thinking the gathering was this past weekend...me and my dumb brain haha!

i'm really gonna miss being up there but count me in for sure next year! come hell or high water i'll be there. 

Have fun y'all and i'll be sitting here hitting refresh waiting for pics :)

icon_cool.gif

Sorry for your loss David.

Joe I'm glad you are gonna make it. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again. If it rains does that mean I don't have to shower? JK Can't wait I got everything ready just waiting on the clock to countdown to go time.

Well I am sitting here at the fire station reading posts and cant wait till in the morning. RV is all packed and waiting to pull out about 830. We should be over by noon.

My friend Joe and his wife Renee are bring there drink machine just might have some adult drinks ya never know.

Cant wait to see everyone so drive safe and we will see ya soon.

Fife

Home for the weekend

We would like to thank everyone that came it was a fun weekend. Sorry to say I didn't take a single picture but others did and I'm sure will be posting them in the near future

icon_cool.gif

First I want to say THANK YOU to Jerry and Karen you two did a fabulous job again. The place is and was amazing again. Then to all the folks that showed up this year ya'll sure made it fun again. Bob you did a great job with the gumbo and the red beans and rice. Then the boudin balls were as close to heavenly as I have ever stuck into my mouth. Joe the sausage again was pure goodness. Thanks for some for the road too. I also have to give a big shout out to Todd with a-maze product for all the goodies. I will use them very soon. Like in a couple of hours.  Brian it was again it was nice for you to make the long voyage. I had a great time cooking and visiting with everyone and again a HUGE THANK YOU to Jerry and Karen.

OK THEN... I'll begin with a BIG "THANK YOU" to Miss Karen and Jerry... you two are truly a gift from above... To allow all who attend this wonderful gathering to come in and invade your privacy for a weekend is truly a blessing ... so again, "THANK YOU"

Jeff, as I always say, If it wasn't for you starting these awesome forums none of this would be possible... so a BIG "THANK YOU" to you as well (even though you couldn't make it this year) you were missed ...

Todd, The door prizes you sent were without a doubt one of the highlights of the gathering... whenever a person won something there eyes lit up and got a big smile on they're face... "THANK YOU" Bub ....

Brian, "THANK YOU" for making dinner (ribs and tri tip) Thursday night.. they were the best yet (my opinion)... Glad you could make the trip again this year...

Tim, your the man when it comes to wings.. my god they were good ... "THANK YOU" for letting me help ya and learning a little bit about stick burners ...

Joe, (the "KING" of sausage making)... Good lordy brother ... the stuff you made was off the hook, Bub ... "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us ...

Bob and Sherry, my Weesiana friends... "THANK YOU" for cooking "Cajun Night" Friday night... The gumbo, beans and rice, boudin, sweet and spicey corn, hush puppy's, onion rings, damn it y'all, what else did ya'll make.... It was all fantastic...

Mark, a big 'THANK YOU" brother for cooking Saturday's Grand Finale Dinner (brisket and butts)... I know the timing was close.. but you pulled it off ... It was all awesome... also wanna thank you for letting me look over your shoulder and learn...

Ed... hey Bub.. I gotta throw out a BIG "THANK YOU" your way... If it wasn't for you WE would of had no way to keep all this food and our refreshments cold... Thanks again for the ice ... and the oysters ... and the pulled pork gadget... and the... and the ...

a BIG "THANK YOU goes out to all the others that helped out in the kitchen... that helped make ABT's ... that helped clean up after every mess ....

It was good to see old friends and to meet and make new ones... What a blast both Charlotte and I had...

Bet y'all can't guess what's for dinner tonight ... :drool

"THANK YOU ALL"

PS. I took my camera and never got it out of the camper... can you believe that ... sorry, no pics here ether ...

icon_cool.gif

First I want to say THANK YOU to Jerry and Karen you two did a fabulous job again. The place is and was amazing again. Then to all the folks that showed up this year y'all sure made it fun again. Bob you did a great job with the gumbo and the red beans and rice. Then the boudin balls were as close to heavenly as I have ever stuck into my mouth. Joe the sausage again was pure goodness. Thanks for some for the road too. I also have to give a big shout out to Todd with a-maze product for all the goodies. I will use them very soon. Like in a couple of hours.  Brian it was again it was nice for you to make the long voyage. I had a great time cooking and visiting with everyone and again a HUGE THANK YOU to Jerry and Karen.
OK THEN... I'll begin with a BIG "THANK YOU" to Miss Karen and Jerry... you two are truly a gift from above... To allow all who attend this wonderful gathering to come in and invade your privacy for a weekend is truly a blessing ... so again, "THANK YOU"

Jeff, as I always say, If it wasn't for you starting these awesome forums none of this would be possible... so a BIG "THANK YOU" to you as well (even though you couldn't make it this year) you were missed ...

Todd, The door prizes you sent were without a doubt one of the highlights of the gathering... whenever a person won something there eyes lit up and got a big smile on they're face... "THANK YOU" Bub ....

Brian, "THANK YOU" for making dinner (ribs and tri tip) Thursday night.. they were the best yet (my opinion)... Glad you could make the trip again this year...

Tim, your the man when it comes to wings.. my god they were good ... "THANK YOU" for letting me help ya and learning a little bit about stick burners ...

Joe, (the "KING" of sausage making)... Good lordy brother ... the stuff you made was off the hook, Bub ... "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us ...

Bob and Sherry, my Weesiana friends... "THANK YOU" for cooking "Cajun Night" Friday night... The gumbo, beans and rice, boudin, sweet and spicy corn, hush puppy's, onion rings, damn it y'all, what else did y'all make.... It was all fantastic...

Mark, a big 'THANK YOU" brother for cooking Saturday's Grand Finale Dinner (brisket and butts)... I know the timing was close.. but you pulled it off ... It was all awesome... also wanna thank you for letting me look over your shoulder and learn...

Ed... hey Bub.. I gotta throw out a BIG "THANK YOU" your way... If it wasn't for you WE would of had no way to keep all this food and our refreshments cold... Thanks again for the ice ... and the oysters ... and the pulled pork gadget... and the... and the ...

a BIG "THANK YOU goes out to all the others that helped out in the kitchen... that helped make ABT's ... that helped clean up after every mess ....

It was good to see old friends and to meet and make new ones... What a blast both Charlotte and I had...

Bet y'all can't guess what's for dinner tonight ...
drool.gif

"THANK YOU ALL"
PS. I took my camera and never got it out of the camper... can you believe that ... sorry, no pics here ether ...
Mark and Keith, Y'all made this easy for me.....
yeahthat.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone who made my wife Vicki feel right at home. See.... I do have a wife. She really enjoyed herself....

Joe

We made it back to Big B.R, after having pull over and sit out a couple of storms, 

A big Thanks to Jerry n Karen for opening u their property and their home for us.

Everything i ate was fantastic. Most of the stuff i drank was as well.

I guess next year i need to bring more boudin for the balls . 

Thanks to all who came and enjoyed themselves. 

Sherrie says thanks to all that pitched in and helped as she was not able to do as much as she wanted this year.

Joe thank's for the sausage , it will be enjoyed 

Tim thanks for the rye it will be enjoyed also. (just not w/ the sausage)

To whomever made the cold black eyed pea salad, It is great heated up!!!

If i missed anyone .Please charge it to my head and not my heart,

Bob.. tell Sherrie that that's not why we like her to come (to work)... we were all more than happy that she (and you) were able to be there... If she doesn't like it.. we will not let her do anything next year... :biggrin:

Reactions: maple sticks
Diana & I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Jerry & Karen for a great gathering. For the others at the gathering, thank you for everything and your allowing us to be part of your group. We hope to see all of you again.

Jo and I had a great time at the gathering this past weekend.  Thanks again for a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky