1st Weekend in March, Whats Smokin'?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
SW of Chicago where I live temps are going to be near or into the 50's tomorrow, really looking forward to a warm weather smoke with the WSM. All previous smokes have been near freezing to below zero.

I have to sit around and wait for my daughters new bunk beds to be delivered, so I will be doing 3 slabs of BB ribs(gotta keep practicin' for the upcoming competitions). No foil, no sauce.

Also might do some ABT's, I will probably have to hit the store tonight on the way home to get some

Sunday I might do something elsse on the WSM, but not sure yet.

What are other folks gonne be putiing on the smoker this weekend?

Here in Idaho we are supposed to have rain. However, I can get under cover to carry on with the smoking. We are hosting a wine party on Saturday and will be serving smoked cheese that has been resting in the fridge for two weeks along with some smoked sausage. Sunday I am smoking a new one, Tandoori Chicken. Not sure how that is going to work out but we will see.

Snowing outside today, that gets me in the mood to smoke.

Planning a long smoke. Butt, rib roast, chuckie, several fatties, ABT's, mushrooms, country style ribs, and turkey.

hope yu post some pics of that one, sounds interesting.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I am going to be smoking chicago style italian beef (bottom round roast) and a small packer brisket.

What I really need to do is come up with a good idea for the chicken throwdown. I think the competition is going to be stiff this month. My goal is to get more than one (my) vote.

Brisket has been on since 9:30. three racks of BB ribs go on at noon for dinner. four chicken drums at around 2:00, and then some ABT's around 4:00. Dinner at five.

Just picked up some humongous japs at Kroger and some fixins for cole slaw. Was going to do a boudain fatty but they were out of boudain at that store. What the hell is that all about???

nice, i like when folks just keep tossing more and more in the smoker til its loaded up.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

We've got rain for this weekend, so I'm working on the March throwdown, at least on paper. CluckCluck

Here in Maryland it will be in the 50's, doing 3 firsts. Turkey Breast, fattie and ABT's all on Sat and Sun Taking the harley for a ride somewhere

17 x 32 Goodyear Eagles ! We a have drag race this weekend . Like Myron says show us the dough and we gotta go !

Should be nice weather here,too. 50's and sunny both days. Oldest son is making a short surprise visit from college,too. So 2 racks of BB, some chicken thighs and drumsticks and ABT's on the Drum-O-Lator!

I think I'm gonna be smoking a sirloin tip roast for some sammies. For the trip to west palm for work. And then I'm sure there's something or someone coming for me to smoke something for.

A turkey breast, a large chicken, and... haven't figured out what else to smoke. But I do have space on the smoker and it's a shame to not put it to use
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
Maybe I'll pick up a brisket.

Got 1 Boston on and also trying a bottom round for the first time - prepped it like a brisket - we'll see how it goes! I think I'll pull it off at 160 and slice for sammies.

Also - local store here had spares for $0.99 per pound so put 50 pounds in freezer for later smoke!

Nothing on the smoker this weekend. Mandy scored 4 great looking rib eyes at Costco and they're going on the Weber 18.5 kettle tomorrow over lump. My oldest son, his family, and MIL are coming for dinner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky