1st Brisket smoke Updated with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buddy1969

Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Assembled the new Smoke Hollow 4424162 and got it cured in today. Figured I might as well go all in on the first smoke with it. Will be doing 2 fatties, 2 chickens and a 15lb brisket.

This is my 1st brisket, but plenty of beef ribs, pork ribs, chicken and butts were done on the old smoker. Trimmed of about 3lb of fat to get it where I believe it needs to be. Rubbed with equal parts kosher salt, coarse black pepper, granulated garlic and granulated pepper. Planning on pulling it out of the fridge around 9pm and on the smoker around 10pm.

Success or failure pics will be posted and I'm sure I'll learn from it.
IMG_0738.jpg IMG_0739.jpg IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0741.jpg IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0743.jpg

86BB843B-308A-46D8-8584-E1EFCEF23081.jpeg Looking good, but we’re at the stall! 165° for about 3 hrs now. Didn’t want to foil, but I may have to.

Sorry for the delay. I ended up wrapping it at ~180 to finish it off. Over all a successful smoke, although definitely some timing tweaks and trimming work to add in. The flat ended up slightly overcooked, but the point was perfect. I think that is largely due to the fact I was only running 1 burner and it was on the flat side. In the future I'll have the point over the lit burner.

Ended up with a great bark. Looking forward to the next one to perfect it.
Couldn't get a video showing the juice to load.
Brisket 8.jpg On smoker.jpg resting.jpg sliced view.jpg pull slice.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky