1 st Cold Smoked Cheese In Smokin-It #1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Norwester55

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 1, 2018
Oregon
Smoked for 3 hrs with pecan dust. I think the darkish end on 1 of the pepper jacks was right above the AMNPS tray. I had a piece of cheddar on another tray do the same thing next tray up. It tastes good though! I know it'll be better in a week, that is if there's any left. :)
I had the dust tray setting on the burner, I'll set it on the floor of the smoker next batch, and if I have to, rig up a deflector.
IMG_20181229_225406.jpg

Pecan? Now that's an interesting choice!

Is that a fairly mild smoke?
Its related to hickory but its quite a bit milder and sweeter. A bit stronger than apple IMO. I hadn't used it much because of availability here but I just discovered Walmart has chunks for $6 an 8 lb bag. I got the pellets from A-maze-N and I'll probably order a 4 lb bag of dust since I can't find pellets here locally. Its rapidly become my favorite wood. The pork ribs I did with it the other night were excellent!

NW55, Your cheese looks good, I call dibs on the pepper jack end ! :)
Sorry that one got et first. The dog helped. :D

Your cheese looks great!
Nice work!
Al
Thanks Al, I'm more than happy with it!

Might need to find some pecan and try it my self for this kind of deal :)
I "sorta" stocked up on the Walmart stuff. I'm good for at least 2019. :)

I have used Pecan on pork,chicken,turkey, fish, and cheese. Not a fan so much on beef
That was my thought. It'll probably be my go to on everything except beef and salmon.

I like! I need to give that I try.
It is good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky