I agree with Bear, we all have to modify to suit our particular needs and draw from others. Since my second stroke, I am further modifying recipes also to make everything low-salt, so 'bacon-on-a-stick' may end up kinda like 'cured-pork-but-not-so-much-so-as-a-weak-imitation' spareribs, lol! I plan to cut the salt I add by 3/4 the amount, just enough to make it a saline solution so the curing salt will work. I did it with a smoked turkey successfully cutting it in half, just want to cut it in half again (starting to get bills paid off enough to be able to experiment) to see if it will still cure properly. Because of the high salt levels I can't use TQ and must use a wet brine instead.
Yup--What Pops said:
I used his post, which is the one that first got me interested, but he doesn't use TQ, or dry curing, so I did some more searching. I found a few others, including one from Dennis (SmokingD). So after questioning Pops & Dennis, I came up with the way I did mine, which is almost exactly like "SmokingD" did his.
I cut the ribs into easy to manage pieces (2 pieces almost exactly 1 pound each).
Rinsed these pieces off with cold water, and dried them well.
Rubbed each with 1/2 ounce (1 TBS) TQ & one TBS of Brown Sugar.
Put them each in their own zip lock bag, along with any TQ that fell off while rubbing them.
Put them in the fridge at 37˚/38˚ for about 48 hours, flipping each package at the halfway point.
Then I rinsed them off good under cold water, and soaked them in ice water for 1 1/2 hours, changing the water once.
Then patted them real dry, and sprinkled with CBP, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Then into the smoker at 230˚ for only 2-2-1, along with my Beef Back ribs, because these Pork rib pieces were pretty thin, and the Beef ribs were already cut apart.
Normally I would have used the 3-2-1 method.
I checked them when I took them out, and they were at about 170˚ internal Temp.
This recipe was mostly from information from "Pops" & "SmokingD".
All of my recipes & step by steps are from compilations of anywhere from two people to as many as ten people, and a lot of searching. I pick the parts where everybody agrees, and throw out the parts that are not in line with most of the others. This method has not failed me yet.