I just put a 5 lb. bird into the smoker. The can has Dr. Pepper, apple juice, crushed garlic, onion, a touch of sage, and coarse pepper in it. I lighly rubbed the bird with EVOO and sprinkled on some Grill Time poultry Seasoning.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qviewpost #1 of 107/25/10 at 11:40amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 107/25/10 at 12:04pmpost #3 of 107/25/10 at 4:41pmThread Starterpost #4 of 107/25/10 at 4:46pmpost #5 of 107/27/10 at 2:02pmpost #6 of 107/27/10 at 3:39pmpost #7 of 107/27/10 at 8:08pmpost #8 of 107/27/10 at 10:48pmpost #9 of 107/28/10 at 5:49ampost #10 of 107/28/10 at 7:15am
Oh man... Looks great. Is that a good rub? I've got a beer butt chicken cook off against my dad this labor day, and I'm looking for any advantage I can.
Also, how long did it end up taking, just out of curiosity?
- Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
Currently, there are 816 Active Users (43 Members and 773 Guests)
- › Newbie smoking ribs question 21 minutes ago
- › Fattie question 22 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 24 minutes ago
- › Bone sour 33 minutes ago
- › Beef Short Ribs (sous chefs first short rib cook) 36 minutes ago
- › Door handle welding caused warp 40 minutes ago
- › Laying the S'Mac Down... Smoked Mac-n-Cheese 47 minutes ago
- › BACON-ON-A-STICK (Step By Step) 49 minutes ago
- › Smoked a Brisket Today 55 minutes ago
- › First Go At Bacon On A Stick !! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer