I just put a 5 lb. bird into the smoker. The can has Dr. Pepper, apple juice, crushed garlic, onion, a touch of sage, and coarse pepper in it. I lighly rubbed the bird with EVOO and sprinkled on some Grill Time poultry Seasoning.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qviewpost #1 of 107/25/10 at 11:40amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 107/25/10 at 12:04pmpost #3 of 107/25/10 at 4:41pmThread Starterpost #4 of 107/25/10 at 4:46pmpost #5 of 107/27/10 at 2:02pmpost #6 of 107/27/10 at 3:39pmpost #7 of 107/27/10 at 8:08pmpost #8 of 107/27/10 at 10:48pmpost #9 of 107/28/10 at 5:49ampost #10 of 107/28/10 at 7:15am
Oh man... Looks great. Is that a good rub? I've got a beer butt chicken cook off against my dad this labor day, and I'm looking for any advantage I can.
Also, how long did it end up taking, just out of curiosity?
- Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
Currently, there are 602 Active Users (23 Members and 579 Guests)
- › Smoker not reaching 250 degrees 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison of Pork Butt done 2 ways 10 minutes ago
- › Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ****** 16 minutes ago
- › Available pellets in Metro Deroit? 18 minutes ago
- › My First Smoked Beef Brisket 28 minutes ago
- › Brisket Rub Advice 30 minutes ago
- › 7th Annual South Florida Gathering 2017 (Nov 17-19) 37 minutes ago
- › buying meat online 47 minutes ago
- › Throwing out this BOLO here. (BE ON the LOOKOUT) 51 minutes ago
- › WSM decision... 18 or 22? 52 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods