I just put a 5 lb. bird into the smoker. The can has Dr. Pepper, apple juice, crushed garlic, onion, a touch of sage, and coarse pepper in it. I lighly rubbed the bird with EVOO and sprinkled on some Grill Time poultry Seasoning.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qviewpost #1 of 107/25/10 at 11:40amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 107/25/10 at 12:04pmpost #3 of 107/25/10 at 4:41pmThread Starterpost #4 of 107/25/10 at 4:46pmpost #5 of 107/27/10 at 2:02pmpost #6 of 107/27/10 at 3:39pmpost #7 of 107/27/10 at 8:08pmpost #8 of 107/27/10 at 10:48pmpost #9 of 107/28/10 at 5:49ampost #10 of 107/28/10 at 7:15am
Oh man... Looks great. Is that a good rub? I've got a beer butt chicken cook off against my dad this labor day, and I'm looking for any advantage I can.
Also, how long did it end up taking, just out of curiosity?
- Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
Currently, there are 182 Active Users (4 Members and 178 Guests)
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 24 seconds ago
- › Chinese Style Quail 1 minute ago
- › Tandoori Chicken Kebabs 2 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 49 minutes ago
- › Drunken Jerk wings and cheesy corn 51 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › 275 gallon tank smoker 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ Smoked Turkey Breasts on the MES 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › My first belly bacon 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona