I just put a 5 lb. bird into the smoker. The can has Dr. Pepper, apple juice, crushed garlic, onion, a touch of sage, and coarse pepper in it. I lighly rubbed the bird with EVOO and sprinkled on some Grill Time poultry Seasoning.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
I've owned a Masterbuilt for years and I love it. Trying hamburgers for the 1st time today. Wish me luck!!! By the way, Sams has the 40" for $329.00
Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qviewpost #1 of 107/25/10 at 11:40amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 107/25/10 at 12:04pmpost #3 of 107/25/10 at 4:41pmThread Starterpost #4 of 107/25/10 at 4:46pmpost #5 of 107/27/10 at 2:02pmpost #6 of 107/27/10 at 3:39pmpost #7 of 107/27/10 at 8:08pmpost #8 of 107/27/10 at 10:48pmpost #9 of 107/28/10 at 5:49ampost #10 of 107/28/10 at 7:15am
Oh man... Looks great. Is that a good rub? I've got a beer butt chicken cook off against my dad this labor day, and I'm looking for any advantage I can.
Also, how long did it end up taking, just out of curiosity?
- Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
Currently, there are 615 Active Users (26 Members and 589 Guests)
- › First fatty 1 minute ago
- › Backside 2 minutes ago
- › Ground Formed Bacon 6 minutes ago
- › Converting A Stick Burner To Propane 7 minutes ago
- › Where do I buy wood? 38 minutes ago
- › New Guy here from Minnesota 41 minutes ago
- › Ground beef Jerky 42 minutes ago
- › Newbie from the OH.IO 54 minutes ago
- › Not Dead just about crippled. ShooterRick 54 minutes ago
- › Need a pork jowl recipe 55 minutes ago
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ