I just put a 5 lb. bird into the smoker. The can has Dr. Pepper, apple juice, crushed garlic, onion, a touch of sage, and coarse pepper in it. I lighly rubbed the bird with EVOO and sprinkled on some Grill Time poultry Seasoning.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qviewpost #1 of 107/25/10 at 11:40amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 107/25/10 at 12:04pmpost #3 of 107/25/10 at 4:41pmThread Starterpost #4 of 107/25/10 at 4:46pmpost #5 of 107/27/10 at 2:02pmpost #6 of 107/27/10 at 3:39pmpost #7 of 107/27/10 at 8:08pmpost #8 of 107/27/10 at 10:48pmpost #9 of 107/28/10 at 5:49ampost #10 of 107/28/10 at 7:15am
Oh man... Looks great. Is that a good rub? I've got a beer butt chicken cook off against my dad this labor day, and I'm looking for any advantage I can.
Also, how long did it end up taking, just out of curiosity?
- Dr. Pepper butt chicken with Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
Currently, there are 438 Active Users (6 Members and 432 Guests)
- › Kamado grill controller SMOBOT 21 minutes ago
- › First smoke !!.. 33 minutes ago
- › Baffle/ Heat deflectors 45 minutes ago
- › early spring 1st pulled pork. 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › RTD PT100 probes for Auber PID's 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › First time making Kielbasa 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › threw DOWN some chicken this weekend. 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Another new guy 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Wood fired pizza oven? 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › March headcheese and organ sausage 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations